• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Modern Russian Army in the photos.

USSR

There is quite a dichotomy in the one photo with 4 girls holding balloons with a soldier in the background. It seems almost surreal, like something in a dream.
Because people in Crimea waited these soldiers for 23 years.

USSR

LOL. American Humor. He wants you to put the tank in a big card board box and mail it to him. It was a joke. Stay SAFE my friend.
Thank you. If something should happen - it will be within 2-3 days.
All forces alerted ...
U.S. Army (Europe) raised AWACS (he now flies on the border Ukraine and Poland ), the Russian army delivers hard heavy weapons to the borders ...
If war happen - it will be a big war!
Hope - the mind will win!
Yes God help us all.
I'll keep you posted guys ...

B3.3T

Only in Belfast a regular army was against the people ....0))
Belfast is a British city that had British soldiers to protect the citizens from home-grown terrorists/rebels. It was there by request and the only people against it were IRA terrorists. Not unlike what you are claiming for Crimea, which was my point.

TehTDK

I must have had my head in the ground since I joined :p. I am constantly amazed at the places people seem to be from on here, and I mean that in a good way, ie that a hobby such as this can unite us across borders, and such :). But nice shots USSR and a pleasure to "meet" you :)

USSR

Interesting specimen appeared in the photographs in the Crimea - complex "Infauna"

" Infauna " - the newest multifunctional complex signals intelligence and electronic warfare designed to protect equipment ( automotive and armored ) and military personnel from radio mine-explosive devices ( RUMVU ).
The possibility of setting aerosol interference ( veils ) suggests that nominally they can be used for protection against high-precision weapons with laser and video management systems .
----------
Оn first photo - third .
13085144575_76b97f687b_o.jpgIqi9v.jpgN1nJJ.jpg

Ozzytrucker

USSR, Very interesting photographs. Can we please have some photographs and technical details of the USSR tank transporters and HET's (but not from Janes, the real thing on the ground). We would like details and specifications of the engines, transmissions, driveline and axle arrangements and capacity. Thank you in advance.

USSR

USSR, Very interesting photographs. Can we please have some photographs and technical details of the USSR tank transporters and HET's (but not from Janes, the real thing on the ground). We would like details and specifications of the engines, transmissions, driveline and axle arrangements and capacity. Thank you in advance.
you are interested in particular model?

Ozzytrucker

No particular model since I'm not familiar with any USSR Het's. Russian used HET's in general would be my more succinct answer since I suppose there cannot be many model variants, in the same manner as the U.S. used/uses for recent examples, M911 C-Het, M920 and M870, M1070 and M1000 etc, etc, for example.

Thanks

36]you are interested in particular model?[/QUOTE]

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Interesting specimen appeared in the photographs in the Crimea - complex "Infauna"

" Infauna " - the newest multifunctional complex signals intelligence and electronic warfare designed to protect equipment ( automotive and armored ) and military personnel from radio mine-explosive devices ( RUMVU ).
The possibility of setting aerosol interference ( veils ) suggests that nominally they can be used for protection against high-precision weapons with laser and video management systems .
----------
Оn first photo - third .
View attachment 482475View attachment 482476View attachment 482477
This is the vehicle I was talking to you about last year trying to figure out what it was from just a front shot.

---

The Video, lots of BMPs (?) and looked like 3-4 different camouflage paint patterns...?

USSR

This is the vehicle I was talking to you about last year trying to figure out what it was from just a front shot.

---

The Video, lots of BMPs (?) and looked like 3-4 different camouflage paint patterns...?
not BMP
This a BTR 80, and BTR 82 Camouflage different - from different regions of Russia apparently

USSR

Thanks. I think I need to start going through my Eastern Bloc flashcards again!
We have kids,you have a kids ... and no one wants war ...
I want to come to my sister in Texas, see a Canyon ... see a lot of things I want to see in the United States ....)))):beer:

Last edited:

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you visit my area you are more than welcome to come by, and I will give you a tour of as much as I can!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks