• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Modern Russian Army in the photos.

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How cool. Here is a mostly new build YAK 3M, powered by a rebuilt Allison V-1710 engine. The aircraft was raced at the Reno Air Races in 2019. You can purchase one of these aircraft as they are in production again. From what I understand these aircraft use original Russian built wings, with new build fuselages, built off original Russian blueprints. :love:

Last edited:

dmetalmiki

Sergey Bobunets | Semantic Hallucinations - Eternity will stand by us
Another 'tear jerker added to my Friday nights music with..the 'perlas'..and...Karpackie of course..
And leaves me to say still, (I'm sorry But..) I realy do not see the "difference" ..between nations. ((Here, Now I am offering you one in exchange,)).

Sorry! There was a video here, but it has been blocked (Typical anything decent and meaningful always is on gogle/oo tub!).

dmetalmiki

OK, here is the video minus the music..mebb'e oo tub will let it through now...Anyway I hope you get the meaning and feeling. (re- my last post).

Last edited:

Another Ahab

Sergey Bobunets | Semantic Hallucinations - Eternity will stand by us
Posting favored songs? I'm in:

- Here is one, and it happens to be Russian, that I believe is one of the most beautiful songs ever written

Lyrics and melody both, it is a beautiful piece of music

dmetalmiki

Thank you for that song, It is very melodious.
But, I have a tendency to follow and collect Russian war songs. As they are most relevant and poignant to my past experiences..some...not...so good.
Brechnia springs to mind, Kalinka from the original military choir also.
I am strongly moved my the songs of depression and abuses.
For me, It is the video to the song that is moving.
I have over 900 videos stored of Russian/Ukrainian/Polish origin.
I find the genre more in depth and to have more feeling and expression than western music.
Of course there are many of this side of the world that are just as moving, And I have many stored of those as well.
Pink Floyd hole in the wall is hard for me to ..listen and watch...
On the lighter side..how about this for precision?

Another Ahab

But, I have a tendency to follow and collect Russian war songs. As they are most relevant and poignant to my past experiences..some...not...so good.
Kalinka, you bet, that's a good one from the Russian repertoire!

There was a fun film from back in the 70's that had a great soundtrack of Russian choral songs, here's a short from there:

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ahab, do you remember these? From Russia with Love, The Russians are Coming, Failsafe, and Dr. Strangelove. All 1960s Russian themed Hollywood movies.

Last edited:

USSR

I find the genre more in depth and to have more feeling and expression than western music.
Of course there are many of this side of the world that are just as moving, And I have many stored of those as well.

This song is about the war where I am now.

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter

That's some SERIOUS "D and C" for sure!! Make the Old Guard or Corp put on their best dancing shoes!! THANKS!

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Riots? Mostly burning and looting..... stealing "with a cause".....no excuse.....what happened that "started this" was/is wrong....what others are doing now??? Just as wrong!

Actions of a few for their personal gain,.....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks