• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

More cushin' for the pushin'- Need new seat covers

WildernessJeep

I need to replace both my driver's seat bottom (suspension seat), and the passenger bench seat bottom and back rest. That would only leave the driver's seat backrest as old, and I would just swap all of them out. Has anyone done a recover? I can buy covers from Midwest, but only some are in stock. Is it easier to just buy all new cushions, or just recover the seats? Does anyone have a source for them other than Midwest? I'd like to order all 4 at the same time so they match and while I have the cab apart.

BONUS QUESTION: I also need the seat back and bottom in the crane booth on the M936. This isn't a normal seat cover. It seems like a OD green vinyl or something. Anyone got a lead on that? My next step is to go see a local upholstery guy.

IMG_0292.jpg

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Try here: http://www.odcloth.com/
These folks saved me on our M151a2 project. Very nice folks...
Wow Bill...

Just reading their intro for the Web inspires a body to WANT to do business with them.
Impressive story - and 31 years in business... Hard to beat that!

I took a quick look and didn't see any mention of outdoor Crane seats, but in their intro
they did say that they have done special projects. AND after 31 years in business, I would
bet that they have covered or made a seat like that before :cool:

rickdavis81

I just recovered my deuce with seat covers from Jatonka. Fit and look great and price was reasonable. Left the original cushions in my driver spring seat. Passenger I redid with 4 or 5” firm memory foam. My old m51 dump I bought fabric, made new plywood bases and backs and used firm memory foam on all.