• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

More surplus to collect - Briggs & Stratton engines

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Briggs & Stratton engines were widely used during WWII to power generators, compressors and pumps. After the war, they were excessed like everything else and found their way into widespread civilian use. I run across these in garage sales, flea markets and ebay. Here is my latest refurb, a model I. Makes a nice rainy day project.

Attachments

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nifty little piece of history.

Triple Jim

I love old engines like this. I have a couple from my childhood, like the B&S engine off our reel-type mower that was thrown away. Also a 1950-ish Porter-Cable lawn tractor with gang mowers, and 1950 Gravely, 1936 Evinrude Elto Ace, etc.. I especially like the ones that you have to wrap something around to start. The Gravely takes a special flat strap with an eyelet in it. Nothing military yet though, except the 003A.