• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

More surplus to collect - Briggs & Stratton engines

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Briggs & Stratton engines were widely used during WWII to power generators, compressors and pumps. After the war, they were excessed like everything else and found their way into widespread civilian use. I run across these in garage sales, flea markets and ebay. Here is my latest refurb, a model I. Makes a nice rainy day project.

Attachments

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nifty little piece of history.

Triple Jim

I love old engines like this. I have a couple from my childhood, like the B&S engine off our reel-type mower that was thrown away. Also a 1950-ish Porter-Cable lawn tractor with gang mowers, and 1950 Gravely, 1936 Evinrude Elto Ace, etc.. I especially like the ones that you have to wrap something around to start. The Gravely takes a special flat strap with an eyelet in it. Nothing military yet though, except the 003A.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks