• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Most dangerous wheel barrow, part 1

gunboy1656

Well today my dad and I got our new project. An 106mm recoilless rifle. It was shipped from Brent Mullens Jeep parts to here using Conway trucking. 2 days time in transit. The 950 pounds gave the little pick up a work out.

I got a lot of looks from the people my dad works with as we loaded it on the trailer.

Once we got it home the fun began to uncrate it, felt almost like Christmas, except it was 73 degrees out. I was greatly surprised how well lubricated the rifle was, the blueing and oil was still pretty think. Almost like it was just taken out of service.

The rifle was cut in 3 pieces, the spotting rifle was also cut in 3. Good news all 3 pieces are from the same weapon. Now to figure out how to disassemble it to repair it. I have been reading on nickd's rebuild, so I have a pretty good idea what I am getting into, for now.

Here are some pics to enjoy for now.

Attachments

Last edited:

gunboy1656

I saw the one that nickd put back together a couple years back. Very nice job, very cool weapon.

I searched through all his threads, he sent me a nice long message the other day. I printed out as many pics as I could ahead of time so I can see as much as I could.

Biggest difference I can see right now, is his was made up from 2 different weapons, where ours was one. So the pieces SHOULD go back together a little easier.

One reason I love this site, almost any question you have has an answer here or someone to get it quick. I am greatful he did as good of a job with the pics of his build to help me see what I was getting involved with.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is that one of the ones made in Spain, or one of the US made ones that was imported from Spain?

gunboy1656

Is that one of the ones made in Spain, or one of the US made ones that was imported from Spain?

Spanish made and marked, all under license. Only difference I have noticed was the markings (obviously) and on the T and E. I don't really know how to explain it, but there is a "latch" on the elevator.

FrankUSMC

We got the American one from Brent, went back together easy, nice gun. I am alittle under the weather today. I will post more latter.
One of the few.
Frank USMC RET

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks