• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mother and child killed by military truck

Dave Kay

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think the title should read "Mother and Child killed by driver of Chevy Blazer."

God help them all.
HEAR, HEAR! That is exactly what happened; SUV caused the accident. But we can always trust on our local spews-media to twist a story around to fit a spectacular headline... these people have little respect for the truth.

God help us all

Atomic

In other countries the 2nd DUI cost you your license for life.
As it SHOULD BE!!

I also read a article today on Drudge that said a 8+ DUI offender in Texas is getting life in prison. Again, as it should be, in my NOT SO humble opinion. Great for the judge and jury. Of course the advocacy groups and the "Made a mistake" groups are saying the judge went to far. I'm sure they will be filling an appeal on his behalf saying that he is decent person who needs care and counsling. These people make me want to vomit.

jesusgatos

wreckerman, you're absolutely right. I'm sure this incident was 100% avoidable, and the driver that caused it is at fault, and should be held accountable. But this was almost certainly also an accident (in the sense that the driver didn't intentionally push that car out into traffic), and the unintended consequences are what they are. Nothing is going to change the fact that those people are dead. This kind of **** happens every day, and it's terrible. But we're all playing russian roulette every time we get into a car/truck and drive somewhere. It's even worse on a motorcycle.

mikeroot2

i worry about this kinda thing all the time. i cant control what other people do but if i where in the position of that driver i would be eaten alive by this. at fault or not, my truck ran her car over kinda thing. scares me
My dad drives truck for a living. One night some drunk a-hole blows through a red light at an intersection with his lights off just as my dad is crossing in front of him. He t-boned my dad just under the cab(passenger side fuel tank)at over 45 mph without ever hitting his brakes. The drunk's passenger was an 8 month pregnant woman. The accident left the drunk scratched and sore. His pregnant wife and unborn kid in critical condition and my dad sick as **** over what happened. Luckily she and her baby both recovered.

This accident had tragic results, that will effect everyone involved, but we can't live in fear of what might happen, otherwise we would never leave the house.

gunit

the driver of the suv could have over 30 years drivig experience if im reading his age aat over 50 right. even if the driving age had been 21 he could still have over 30 years experience. its easy to sit back and say if he or she had or had not done this or that or what have ya, the incident or accident would had been 100% avoidable, but with that logic every war, conflict, coop or whatever was 100% avoidable. hind sight is a bitch sometimes

1stSarge

As a former LEO, the term “accident” was never in our vocabulary. We referred to them as “crashes”. All paperwork involved uses the term “crash” on the form.

What we learned on the road is 95% of all crashes are caused by someone not paying attention. The other 5% can be mostly attributed to equipment failures or weather related causes.

I have never been at fault, I have never been in an accident, I have never been cited for a moving violation. Been driving for 29 years.

I’m not knocking on wood or tempting fate, it simply wont happen.

Oh, and the motorcycle thing, yeah, the only fatalities I had to respond to were motorcycle crashes. The statistics on fatal motorcycle crashes are staggering.

zout

8 times more people are killed due to Text messaging than DUI drivers. This is not stating what I think was the cause - it is just a noted problem overall.

Talking or texting is a major driving problem. again - just an FYI.

I am heartfelt for the family that was killed.

When we sit on an accident board review committee for determining who was at fault there are stipulations on how it gets resolved.

1. Was there anything the driver SHOULD have done or COULD have done to not be involved in the accident. You really have to think about this when the report is read and how the accident is played out.

When someone is rear ended - it is almost always the driver who hit them at fault.

I have sat on fatality reviews - rear enders - sideswipes - t boned - cut off at the intersection turning - you name it, even hitting that phantom deer.
Following too close - not leaving a means of escape - weather and speed of travel - not wearing their recommended eyewear - countless issues.

Even folks at a scene will give different conflicting reports of an accident - all seen from different angles.

It does no good making judgements without being there and seeing it and even a reports viewpoint can be misleading in an article - there is just always more to a accident. Even when reinacted and highways shut down for the reinactment - they cannot react what was ever in each drivers thoughts and mind at that given instant - it is as close to real life - but still falls short.

Thanks for reporting the incident with the NG unit and my thoughts go to the personnel that performed - this is still in their minds as well.

Imapapallama

Lord please be with all involved and comfort the family dealing with this tremendous loss.... Amen...
amen.

this is what i fear most when driving my deuce. its bad enough that someone died, but the fact that a little girl died with her mother makes it so much worse. i pray for them and the familys involved.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Prayers offered and prayer lists updated for the families of those who lost their lives, and for those whose lives have been altered by involvement or witness to this horrific event.

May the Lord, God grant them peace and comfort through this difficult time.

We also pray for all of those here who operate MVs, that we be ever-aware of our driving situations and vehicle's capabilities and performance. May we each drive with God as our co-driver.

Amen

John & Dianna
San Angelo, TX

CycleJay

re; Mother and child killed by military truck

I think the title should read "Mother and Child killed by driver of Chevy Blazer."

God help them all.
I agree with you completely, I just saw the video and read the story.

It was NOT the fault of the military driver, or any fault with the military truck.

It was the driver of the Blazer that killed them, he pushed them into
the path of the military.

God help them all..

CJ

airmech3839

After looking at the pictures what is the big chunk of metal with a gear in the middle in the road.Looks like a pto drive or a tcase.

Got no clue but here is the pic off the article... Maybe someone familiar with these trucks can comment...

This event is tragic for all involved... No matter who is at fault they all will never be the same. I know that the driver of the MV is most likely beating themselves up even though they may not be at fault. It seems that None will feel good about the outcome of "who's to blame"!! Sad day for them all... Lets quit speculating the cause and just focus on trying to be compassionate to those involved and let the authoroties involved be the ones to place blame. We all are responsable for our own actions! Wither they be bad or good!! We all have to live with decissions we make!! God is the judge and He is the final authority! Let us pray for those involved cause it could have been you or I!!

Sorry for the soapbox:soapbox:... Just my 2cents

Attachments

Im with WM and 1st SGT on this one. An accident would be your brakes giving out to no fault of your own. By not paying attention and causing the death of someone should be criminal. In the FIRE and EMS service we do NOT call them Motor Vehicle Accidents, we call them Motor Vehicle Collisions. I have never responded to a SINGLE collision that wasn't avoidable. Somebody screwed up and as a result there was death or injury or in the very least damage to private or public properties.