• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Moving truck from CA to NC - Help.

PowerstrokeNC

I wanted to see if anybody had an underground railroad way of getting some iron from one coast to the other? This would be cost prohibitive endeavor shipping with a commercial contractor so I am looking at other possible options if there are any.....

thanks for the help.

Truck is a 915.

What is it with people in Greensboro wanting to buy trucks from CA? A friend just bought a HET from CA a couple weeks ago. If a 915 and a HET would fit on one trailer I would say yall should talk but I highly doubt they would.

PowerstrokeNC

What is it with people in Greensboro wanting to buy trucks from CA? A friend just bought a HET from CA a couple weeks ago. If a 915 and a HET would fit on one trailer I would say yall should talk but I highly doubt they would.
Tell me about it! Lol maybe we could strap the 915 on the back of the HET or piggy back them like the truck companies do.

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I do not think a Het and a M915 will fit. the Het is over 40,000lbs.
That will be a long drive at 45mph in the Het, LOL. I drove one about 500miles with
Castle Bravo and that was a long 12 hours.

VPed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That will be a long drive at 45mph in the Het, LOL. I drove one about 500miles with
Castle Bravo and that was a long 12 hours.
How bout you drive it for him from CA to Tonopah, then see if 1954 COE will drive it from there to El Paso. I would drive it to Austin. Heck that's half way there.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
The buyer of the HET might would entertain that. He had originally thought about driving it back. He is thinking/hoping he can find a trucking company to haul the HET back for about $5000-5500
Finding a RGN in CA that needs a backhaul to NC is going to be difficult. RGN's typically charge 3 bucks or better per mile plus there may be some permitting in some states. PM me for Stanley's number at Landstar. He has helped me out in the past, has always did what he promised and is now a member of the M936 club here.

PowerstrokeNC

The buyer of the HET might would entertain that. He had originally thought about driving it back. He is thinking/hoping he can find a trucking company to haul the HET back for about $5000-5500
Ron is very reasonable, for the kind of money that i am seeing for trucking it, rolling the HET/915 wheels down would be cheaper if I shared in my portion of the expenses to hitch a ride!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks