• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MTA Show and Swap Meet

FormerNewMVGuy

Well we are about a month away from the show,I wanted to extend an invitation from us (the show commitee) to all of you , to please join us on april 17-18 th.
Admission is five dollars, Kids are free, people in uniform are free, and those displaying a vehicle are free.
All proceeds go to sending care packages and other items to active duty troops currently stationed in harms way.
This year we also have "Cell Phones for Soldiers" Bring all your old or broken cell phones and turn them in at the table, Each Phone turned in ,I believe Equals a 30 minute phone card, So our troops can call home, so bring all you can get!!!

I hope to see some of you at the show, and thanks for your support!
http://mtaswapmeet.us/

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I plan to be set up there for the Vietnam living history display. This is my first time at MTA, I look forward to it!

jatonka

Jatonka will be there, can't wait to see all The Jersey Crew. bringing an old cell phone or two, too. Never missed an MTA show, never will, til the end. JT

HAWKMAN

Unfortunately this is the same weekend as Englishtown so I'll be headed there instead, next show you'll see me is Aberdeen.....but I always welcome visitors to my place!:D

FormerNewMVGuy

Unfortunately this is the same weekend as Englishtown so I'll be headed there instead, next show you'll see me is Aberdeen.....but I always welcome visitors to my place!:D
Well ,Its to bad your not comin to our show,Way better than englishtown....Maybe next year.

For those who are coming to vend or display, you can start setting up as early as thursday late afternoon, We, the show staff will be there round the clock till sunday, so your stuff will be secure!
The countdown is on[thumbzup]

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Planning on being there late Thursday night or very early Friday. Hope the forklift is working!

Can't wait. First one but won't be the last.

emr

She is purring and ready to go...[thumbzup]...Will be there thursday early AM, bringing ALL the toys...:jumpin:... ALL STEEL SOLDIERS are personally invited By Scott and me the display team, and the rest of the MTA Club :cool:...If there is an interest on an SS award like the national U/we did U/We are welcome to do it, It seems there is going to be a large SS group attending, and We want it to be great for ALL....... Scott and I are the ones who decide this stuff, So we are open to suggestions....................................:grin:

DanJP2

She is purring and ready to go...[thumbzup]...Will be there thursday early AM, bringing ALL the toys...:jumpin:... ALL STEEL SOLDIERS are personally invited By Scott and me the display team, and the rest of the MTA Club :cool:...If there is an interest on an SS award like the national U/we did U/We are welcome to do it, It seems there is going to be a large SS group attending, and We want it to be great for ALL....... Scott and I are the ones who decide this stuff, So we are open to suggestions....................................:grin:
If you were going early early saturday morning I would follow along because your south of me and could meet up. how you heading up there roads?

emr

early early Thursday ...[thumbzup]...We start set up then, all are welcome to help out and be part of the show anytime from thursday on. :jumpin:..its getting CLOSE!!!!!!!!!! this is a to do for sure....[thumbzup]

WarrenD

early early Thursday ...[thumbzup]...We start set up then, all are welcome to help out and be part of the show anytime from thursday on. :jumpin:..its getting CLOSE!!!!!!!!!! this is a to do for sure....[thumbzup]
I don't have an MV (yet) but I do have my Vietnam Re-enactors gear. Just wondering how the MTA feels about walki-ins in costume?

Srjeeper

I don't have an MV (yet) but I do have my Vietnam Re-enactors gear. Just wondering how the MTA feels about walki-ins in costume?

WarrenD, we're going to have a much larger 'Vietnam Encampment' this year. More vehicles, tents, hooches, so please bring your gear and set up with us.

[thumbzup]

WarrenD

WarrenD, we're going to have a much larger 'Vietnam Encampment' this year. More vehicles, tents, hooches, so please bring your gear and set up with us.

[thumbzup]
Ok, thanks! What era are you going for? My best impression is late 67-mid 68, type 3's w/subdued insignia. I could do a little later, type 4's (ripstop) w/ the same web gear (M1956 stuff, no M1967 nylon) and pin-on rank. Could also do a chopper pilot from early 64-67 with flight overalls and flak vest, but weather would be a factor as the K-2b's are hot weather and I don't like to be cold!! Anyone know if airsoft guns (M16A1) are legal in NJ?

Srjeeper

Airsofts are fine, and the era I'd say is 67 to 70 mostly. Now that's not written in stone, but whatever ya show up with is very much appreciated by everyone. Here's some pics of some of last years set-ups at MTA & Gilbert to give ya an idea of what will be there..

Plus at MTA last year we had VC inside the wire..:mad:

Check their website www.mtaofnj.org for more pictures from last year.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks