• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MTA Show and Swap Meet

84cucv1ton

just to put it out there. anyone coming to nj. i have a m1009, m1008, m1028 and 3 m1031s and a bunch of parts for sale. a bunch of non military chevys to, 86 4spd maunal k5, 91 burban, 87 4x4 short bed 4" lift. call if you questions 732 966 6841

ChuckSmith

Well if it rains it will keep the dust down at least. A little rain isn't bad, it is the wind at the fairgrounds that gets ya.

Will be in the same spot as the past two years. Lots of wiring suppllies this year, and of course, Meyer plow parts. Not bringing them Sat, but, I have two brand new complete Meyer plow mounts for 72 - 86 Jeep CJ (obsolete) , and two complete mounts for 87 - 96 YJ. Of course I will have plenty of Fluid Film too.

Each year the show gets better and better and we look forward to it. The MTA does a GREAT job with the show.

Time to load up!

~Chuck

emr

SO IT WAS BEAUTIFUL TOGAY!!!!:beer:!!! And will be Tomorrow also !!:driver:!! THERE ARE ALREADY OVER !!!!!!!!50!!!! VEHICLES ON DISPLAY!!!!!!!!! as of 4 this afternoon !!!!!!!! last year we had like 110 military and 45 other so like 155 vehicles on display !!!Come on down If u ca.n.. :-D if U come sat and stay for sunday U will get a very very nice exhibitor MTA T shirt for your efforts!!!!!!!!!!! now back to the show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Srjeeper

HOLY WOW....:jumpin:

Was there settin up today and judgin from what I saw, the men and women of the MTA really outdid themselves this year.[thumbzup]

There is something for every one at this years event and stuff I've never seen at any of the local events. :shock:

Weathers goin to clear off till tomorrow so don't sit back and let this one get by....Come on out....:driver:

One more thing.....there's a bunch of Steel Soldiers already there..:beer:

Reactions: emr

DanJP2

Thank you for the update guys! See you sunday!!!

Anyone going to take the parkway with there truck? Its the best way to go for me.

DanJP2

All set to go tomorrow morning missed out on today :(

Emr, Are they selling those MTA event shirts?

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
Just got home from the show, and all can I say is wow.. What a great show. Great turnout by the SS crowd. After a long cold winter it was great to see Carnac, JTonka, DH and Wife of DH, Emmado, Maddawg, SrJeeper, and anyone else I may have missed. The MTA is a great bunch of collectors. Specials thanks go out the Weasel Rick and Bill (SrJeeper). Rick gave me a Weasel 101 class and Bill gave me great directions to get home. I will post picks as promised..

Attachments

paulfarber

It appeared that the largest vendor table was airsoft guns, next to the beef jerky guy.

Both jeep vendors told me that they 'packed light' (one said he just threw what he had out in the truck early this morning to get there).

Evidently 20 and 40mm ammo cans are all the rage... must of been 100 of them.

No real deals (aka web site prices.. little to no discounts other than saving shipping).

I got there at a little after two.

Lots of M35s (20+ easy) but only 2 CCKWs that I saw.

For $5 it was a nice way to kill an afternoon.

5tonpuller

Got there about 1000. Had a blast.:jumpin: Got to see and great a few SS guys. Spent to much, got a lot ( for me anyway ):-|Wish I got a chance to see more of you all. Gave JT his yearly tune up. Sorry Maddog 308. Did not even see you there. Got to meet Doghead. Now that I read the posts I kinda know who the rest of you are. Sorry I did not get to say Hello in person. Oh yea I had a camo hat on with "5 ton" on it. Be safe all.

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
I left with my trunk full and all I could get inside my car. I found plenty of good buys from individuals selling spare parts. That is why I go when they open the gates. I guess I look at the positive aspects of events like this. I spent 5 hours and still did not get to look into every bin and parts container. I found all of what i went for and more. Well worth the 5 bucks. Wish I could go back this morning to donate another 5 bucks and spend all day searching more parts bins and talking with some of the best people on earth. I call this living life to the fullest, not killing time.sorry...

badgmc56

Spent the day on Saturday at the show. WarrenD and I drove up. Met Carnac ,SrJeeper and Maddawg. Maddawg and SrJeeper did a great job on the Vietnam display. I think it was a big hit. Carnac hooked me up with a cargo cover for my other deuce. Got a transfer case boot from JTonka . Could have spent alot more money there but have to save up for Aberdeen. A great time for all, hope you didn't miss it.

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
The boys are all on their way home by now so some more pictures will start showing up later this evening. Great show. I am going up for a
the entire show next year.

No.2Diesel

Hi,

What a great show. The NJ club puts on a well organized event every year. BS'd with all the "usual suspects" and picked up some much needed items. Despite the breezy cool weather there was a great showing of vehicles, armor and vendors.

The NJ club concession stand was efficient and the food was great. [thumbzup]

Hope everyone had a safe and uneventful trip home.

Enjoy the pics!

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks