• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MTA Show April 18 & 19

HAWKMAN

I'll be there with my Austin Champ, camping out with Art Swain and Craig Williams.
Mike, stop by and say hello! I'll be in the cattle building with a pile of parachute canopies as well as the usual M-1009 Blazer goodies plus whatever neat/weird OD stuff I can dig out of the building. I'll definately be checking out what emmando22 brings....his stuff is AWSOME:-D and his prices can't be beat! I can bring an empty 6.2 can if you'd like, PM me and let me know.See you all there!!!:-D

Mike_Pop

Hawkman,

I'll visit. You always have lots of goodies at your table! I bought the plastic tray organizer from you at Jim Thorpe a few weeks ago.

JeepMan

Who will be attending the MTA show at Sussex County Fairgrounds in April???

And what will you be bringing???:grin:

I'm planning on bringing my lunch if they're going to feature those $3.00
pencil hotdogs again.
It would be great if they were to use those Gators to sell drinks out in the "north 40"!!

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just got an email from the MTA.. here is an exerpt... I think the MTA is on the right track with their show, and they listen to complaints from prior shows, and FIX the problem for the next one.. They actively do things to improve the show from both a vendor and attendee standpoint, all of which is great for everyone!

The MTA Swapmeet at the Sussex County Fairgrounds is approaching us fast, with the show opening April 18, 2008! Already, our signage is out all over the State, and newspaper, radio and TV ads have begun to appear in local media outlets, ensuring that we will attract a large and enthusiastic crowd. The club has been working hard to make each show better than the last. This year we are going to go all out to improve attendance on Sunday, by adding some attractions to bring in families, like face painting for kids, a booth where kids can make little toys and take them home, a band, and additional exhibits from other groups, like the Antique construction machinery group, who have their own following. We should also have a contingent from the Military Radio group (MRCA) who exhibits at Gilbert, and more reenactors than last year.
;

· Food- We listen to what you request from us, and have made several changes that I know Vendors in particular will like. We rented a more centrally located and larger kitchen, in the grandstand area. This has given us the room to provide more options for food, and we are adding three new items to the food menu, in addition to of course retaining our world famous hot dogs for those who have been waiting all year for one. The food will be right outside the Richards building, and you will not have to go so far to get eats.

emr

Thanks emmado!!! we do listen and are there to help, I will have my fork lift for any heavy lifting U guys need again, and its on me , as for the display since i run that I and the MTA would like to Personnally Invite ALL MV owners to bring there vehicles, And expecially STEEL SOLDIERS!!!we have 24 hour security from Thursday on, SO COME EARLY!!! registration and display are of course free!! I personally am in the display area from then till sunday also, Oh and if one can only come sunday its worth it, we have a VERY big public showing on sunday, maybe the biggest at any MV event!we get a big flow right after church hours till almost 430ish on sunday!!! for any info or even if on the road on show days anyone can call for info about the display to my cell i always answer 973 219 4499, I put out 4 signs at each street corner for the only three turns from rt 206 and rt 15 intersection, at each corner curb,to right into the show, so it should be so easy just to roll in,these are things i personally have trouble with other shows because i get lost easy, so i volunteer for the close signs :-D Remember the ONLY way to get into the show early is to be a vendor OR Bring a vehicle for display!! its NO admittance on Friday unless working the show,bringing a vehicle or vending!!This is a big plus for those who need the fix on the early deals when usually only the vendors are scooping things up!!! ALL ARE WELCOME!!!!Anyone intersted in judging please let me know when U arive or earlier!!we have some very nice plaques this year, trying to upgrade everything each year, it is a work in progress each year for sure, we do put an umbelivable effort into this, we hope it shows, we think the vendors are what make this hobby and try hard to cater to them, Anyone interested in helping set up / park vehicles in the dispaly area are welcome to help, it is alot of fun mtg, and talking trucks with so many guys who love the same thing, SS guys are welcome to make a steel soldier area if U guys like, it may not work like clockwork the first time or maybe anytime for that matter but I am always willing to try,so U guys are invited to take the ball and have an area ,also storage for your stuff for the show is available in my tent in the display area for SS members,Also in the above e mail is vendors that set up early on friday that is , have a FREE meal on us and a good one too from 6 to 8 pm Friday , this is to intice vendors to set up early, that is good for everyone!!!we did not want to say dinner at just one time, we figured a 2 hour range will help more guys take advantage of it, because i personnally know its hard to pass fellow MVers with out talking and it can take awhile to get to dinner, I have missed the barbaque that way in Aberdeen more than once that way!!:-D!! Looking foward to mtg. alot of U guys, want to work together with any ideas that could make things better, I am always willing to listen, but this is alot of work and the best plans can become only a guide quickly on show day, so please be patiente and come to have fun.....my e mail is randyemr@aol.com for anything i can help with also...Thanks Randy

ChuckSmith

I'll be there. Had the same outside covered space last year across from Art. Trying to get together some stuff now. I really enjoyed it last year, and so did my kids. I am starting a restoration in the next couple of weeks of a 1962 Wiilly's pickup. The title says 62, but I found a VIN# list online and according to that it is a 61. You guys will hate me, but it is going on a 77 Chevy chassis. A shame I wasn't further along, or I would bring the rolling chassis with me, as I have no use for it or the entire drivetrain. Just a shame, because the frame is rusted to pieces.

Hope the weather is warmer than last year, or at least less wind. Either way I will be there and prepared! I am looking forward to it.

~Chuck

JeepMan

I'll be there. Had the same outside covered space last year across from Art. Trying to get together some stuff now. I really enjoyed it last year, and so did my kids. I am starting a restoration in the next couple of weeks of a 1962 Wiilly's pickup. The title says 62, but I found a VIN# list online and according to that it is a 61. You guys will hate me, but it is going on a 77 Chevy chassis. A shame I wasn't further along, or I would bring the rolling chassis with me, as I have no use for it or the entire drivetrain. Just a shame, because the frame is rusted to pieces.

Hope the weather is warmer than last year, or at least less wind. Either way I will be there and prepared! I am looking forward to it.

~Chuck
The old Willys P/U's had a problem w/the frame rusting out behind the cab so if you want to update it to something modern "go-4-it". Course as w/all old jeeps, they're painfully slow for todays highways so thats another reason to approve the mod.

OLDCHEV4X4

I would like to go, because i need a cover for my m116. But i'm taking the kids camping/fishing for the opening day of trout season in Williamsport. On the flip side, a trip to Williamsport means i have to go right past Colemans and Saturn Surplus!!

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Im all about camping/fishing, but you have the whole season to do that stuff. The NJ MTA show is but once a year. Will Colemans and Saturn be open on the weekend?

OLDCHEV4X4

Im all about camping/fishing, but you have the whole season to do that stuff. The NJ MTA show is but once a year. Will Colemans and Saturn be open on the weekend?
The opening day of trout is a 22 year and counting tradition. You dont even have to call anybody, everybody knows what to do, and where to go. My 2 boys are 5 and 11, and they will never forgive me if i change tradition. Not to mention what the other guys will do.....put a snake in my sleeping bag, poke a hole in my wadders, tie my fishin line in nots or put last years fishing worms in my mess kit.( have you ever smelled dead worms?):shock:

I will leave early on Friday so that i can go to Colemans and Saturn.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks