• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

much to my chagrin....

Ronmar

That hydraulic hose is more forgiving of bend radius than the braided teflon, but it was probably still closing in on minimum bend radius, so they were probably encouraged to lengthen it a little. A little longer is better IMO. Some of the teflon installs I have seen are downright scary tight.

BERZERKER888

Steel Soldiers Supporter
what's is quite interesting is that I changed the OEM oil line after reading the horror stories of engine meltdowns should the oil line rupture... once I removed OEM never been touched factory line and bead blasted it... zero visible cracks or stress realted issues... I have a new OEM oil line and after looking at the wonky Grigsby set up..I just may revert to the new OEM line..

Ronmar

If I kept the steel line I would support it back to the block in the middle of the loop.

The issue is the oem is like a ruler held on the edge of a table like a diving board. Twang it enough and it will fatigue and break...

Dont have this issue with hose...

Last edited:

BERZERKER888

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If I kept the steel line I would support it back to the block in the middle of the loop.

The issue is the oem is like a ruler held on the edge of a table like a diving board. Twang it enough and it will fatigue and brake...

funny you mention that... before I installed the Grigsby line and after I bead blasted the OEM, I fabbed up a support "bracket" template using thin bendable aluminum and thought hmmmmm?... the issue was no where in close proximity of the oil line to use as a mounting boss...

serpico760

Steel Soldiers Supporter

The issue is the oem is like a ruler held on the edge of a table like a diving board. Twang it enough and it will fatigue and brake...

Is this an upgrade only recommended for the 3116 or is it also a good idea for the 3126?

Ronmar

funny you mention that... before I installed the Grigsby line and after I bead blasted the OEM, I fabbed up a support "bracket" template using thin bendable aluminum and thought hmmmmm?... the issue was no where in close proximity of the oil line to use as a mounting boss...
Yep, you could probably drill and tap a hole. It is not structural, it just needs to act as a strut and keep the line from oscilating...

Mavcaster

Edited to remove my first question…tapatalk app doesn’t display signatures and was curious which variant @serpico760 has but I see now.

Still curious if they all say 330 hp. Do all 5 ton models have the upgraded tune? (please excuse the sidebar question)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

87cr250r

There nothing really wrong with that hose configuration. The key here is the hose material. You MUST use Parker 426 or Aeroquip FC234 or equivalent if you want longevity from the hose. These are high temperature rated hoses meant for on engine applications, they don't get stiff and brittle over time like hydraulic hoses do.

serpico760

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Edited to remove my first question…tapatalk app doesn’t display signatures and was curious which variant @serpico760 has but I see now.

Still curious if they all say 330 hp. Do all 5 ton models have the upgraded tune? (please excuse the sidebar question)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
From all the research I have done on this subject and I think I've just about read everything I could have found online anyway it is my understanding that all the A1 and up 5 tons have 330 horsepower though I could be mistaken.

Wingnut13

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have an A1 and it’s 295 HP, as I recall. Definitely not 330 HP.

I have a NOS 3116 Cat oil line sitting in my toolbox if someone is in need. Shoot me a PM.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks