• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Muffler madness

Capt.Marion

Re: RE: Muffler madness

GunnersHusband said:
holy poop that's big....... let us know how that works out for you. I'm considering that upgrade myself.
Mufflers are nice. You can have conversations in the cab whilst driving... and even going up a grade.

5tonpuller

RE: Re: RE: Muffler madness

Mine is all done. I need to get my pictures together to post. I set mine up to ether use the stock stack OR the muffler. I think you will like it.

m52a2

The muffler is a great idea, I used a racing muffler from Jegs high performance to keep is low profile. just be sure to use high temp paint ! what you see is the brown promer not rust. Now I figure to let the paint I used burn off and then apply the high temp kind.

Attachments

m52a2

RE: I just finished mine!!!

to address fhoto of m52a2 muffler & fording kit stac: As part of the fording kit on the 5 ton multifuel, the small steel virtical pipe next to the air cleaner stack is air system vent from the firewall manifold kept seperate from the air cleaner stack, also there are 2 flexable hoses, one from the compressor and one from engine crankase vent that tie in to the air cleaner stac.

FreightTrain

Banned
RE: I just finished mine!!!

same for a deuce.One rubber hose hooked to the slobber tube that dumps out under the shroom on the rubber intake snorkle,another rubber hose from teh compressor to teh boss on the filter can then some misc junk to mount it to the stack and to run air to the bell housing.

GoHot229

Almost done!
I used that same muffler and the 'whistle' comes through plenty good enough to be heard, I dont think I'd want a Duce to be unmuffeled, as it is my next step is to Tractor Supply for some of the rubber flooring mats they use in horse trailers and will cut to fit the floor and firewall to sound deaden the noise factor.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks