• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

multi fuel ltd 465 1c

swigs84

i have got this motor to run pretty well but i have one problem. if you hit the throttle real quick and just let off it will die. you have to let off of the throttle real slow or else to motor will die. what would cause this?

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
To run pretty well what have you done? Checked intank pump for correct pressure. Checked all fuel feed lines and return. Checked fuel pressers at all RPM and boost numbers at 1600 and 2200 rpm. Have you turned up the fuel and down on the droop?

As said changed alll filters?

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
A guy walks into the doctor's office and says, "doc, it hurts when I do this".

Doc says, "don't do that".

:cool:

swigs84

all the filters have been replaced. it doesnt have an in tank pump this motor is in an M51A2. They have put an inline 12v pump on it......this is not my truck, just working on it for a guy.

swigs84

the truck set in a pasture for 2 years and didnt run. i had to swap out the injector pump for the guy to get it going and got it over to my house. drained all old fuel and cleaned out both fuel tanks. i havent checked any pressures yet.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok that's a start. Was thinking that if you feel all is right in the sysetm you could try this.
Make a mark on the main fuel nut (inside one) and try turning it up half a turn.

Westech

CPL
Depending on what type of lift pump is in there is may not be getting enough full and starving.

We have a case of "do it your self-er" at work.

It has been modified from stock so good luck.

swigs84

what's the idle set at? might need to be raised if too low...

thats another problem the tach in the truck does not work so i do not know exactly what it is idling at. i have turned the idle up to where i know it is faster then it should be and it still just dies when you let off real fast. it has good power when driving it so i dont think it is starving it for fuel.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My thought on the fuel is if it's turned down real low then buy bringing it up a bit might help. It can be done in 15 min and if my ldea does not work put it back the way it was. The throttel controls the fuel collar and maybe it needs a little more chamber pressure so as not to cut off on snap shut. Just try the fuel nuts and if not then we can explore more. Like is it timed perfect and is there something wrong with you fly weights. You might want to hope I'm right.

Also yes a low of an idle might be part of the problem. Get a tac working.

swigs84

i guess i am not understanding what you are talking about with the fuel nuts. this truck has been a real pain. when i got it running after swapping out the whole injector pump as soon as it started it went to wide open throttle so i had to swap out the governor section of the pump. this is the first time i have ever messed with one of these engines so i am kind of learning as i go

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If I had to guess you did not need to swap anything as most of the ones I have heard of the collor control rod sticks. It is a simpel fix just need to remove and get it freed up.
If you read the thread the Billy was so nice to post you will see what I would like you to try. As said that idle needs to be correct and you realy need a working tac for more than one reason.

swigs84

well the injector pump that i originally pulled off of the truck was junk......try and explain this the best i can without sounding like an idiot.......on the bottom of the pump there is a small round plate with 2 bolts holding it in then a gear and a shaft that runs up to the gear that runs on the gear in the hydraulic head, well when i pulled that plate off the bottom that gear and part of the shaft were laying in the bottom of the pump. i dont know how but that shaft was busted. i was looking at the fuel compensator off of the pump i took off of the truck and comparing the screw you want me to adjust to the pump that is on the truck now and they are no where close to the same position. i am going to try and mess with it tomorrow.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok sounds like you quill shaft was broken so you don't have to worrie about having kids. Ok does the new pump have a FDC? If not the wedge plate is under the cover where the FDC would have been. Same thing the two nuts are just on oppiset sides of the retainer. You go clockwise the inside nut tighten up the outside one to make the wedge go away from the fuel rod.
I'm hopeing this swap went well.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks