• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

multicam hmmwv

IroncladGA

It would be a head turner, I think it looks a lot better with the doors on than off.

With the doors off, all the camo on those narrow lines (A pillar, B pillar, top) are distracting.

KsM715

How can a random pattern be copyrighted? It would be hand painted.
Then dont call it "Multicam". Especialy if you decide to do it and use it for anything commercial.

Edit: also depending on how the trademark is written at may say "or any likeness"

plym49

Don't worry about the copyright issues, just don't do it!

U - G - L - Y.

Actually, F - U - G - L - Y.

hot rod deuce

I thought about that too, but to be honest I think that if you are going to do a vehicle you really need to up scale the pattern. Kinda like the old 3 color compared to the old BDU's. The spots on a truck are the size of a person. I think the vehicles in multcam or ACU digi seem very busy.

Just my $.02

nattieleather

Multicam is not a random pattern. It is a digital pattern in cloth. The bolts of cloth have a set pattern. What makes it seem random is how the clothing pattern is cut out and assembled into a blouse or trousers. Therefore the company that makes the pattern can have a copywrite or patent.

I agree that in order to do a digital camoflage (which is a correct term than the trade mark Multicam) on a MV you would have to develop a pattern large enough to fit the vehicle. You would need to scale the pattern up from the human size to truck size.

Want something different adapt the old 4 color camo pattern to the HMMWV I think that would look very interesting and even cool.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks