• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

multicam hmmwv

IroncladGA

It would be a head turner, I think it looks a lot better with the doors on than off.

With the doors off, all the camo on those narrow lines (A pillar, B pillar, top) are distracting.

KsM715

How can a random pattern be copyrighted? It would be hand painted.
Then dont call it "Multicam". Especialy if you decide to do it and use it for anything commercial.

Edit: also depending on how the trademark is written at may say "or any likeness"

plym49

Don't worry about the copyright issues, just don't do it!

U - G - L - Y.

Actually, F - U - G - L - Y.

hot rod deuce

I thought about that too, but to be honest I think that if you are going to do a vehicle you really need to up scale the pattern. Kinda like the old 3 color compared to the old BDU's. The spots on a truck are the size of a person. I think the vehicles in multcam or ACU digi seem very busy.

Just my $.02

nattieleather

Multicam is not a random pattern. It is a digital pattern in cloth. The bolts of cloth have a set pattern. What makes it seem random is how the clothing pattern is cut out and assembled into a blouse or trousers. Therefore the company that makes the pattern can have a copywrite or patent.

I agree that in order to do a digital camoflage (which is a correct term than the trade mark Multicam) on a MV you would have to develop a pattern large enough to fit the vehicle. You would need to scale the pattern up from the human size to truck size.

Want something different adapt the old 4 color camo pattern to the HMMWV I think that would look very interesting and even cool.