• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

multifuel "C" turbo on M35A3 ?

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Seems to me you're putting lipstick on a pig so to say.

The C and D turbos are archaic in design. You're also asking a old turbo meant to support 135hp to substain 170hp. It could probably do it. But I'd look towards a more modern turbo or a cat replacement turbo before going down this path.

JasonS

Seems to me you're putting lipstick on a pig so to say.

The C and D turbos are archaic in design. You're also asking a old turbo meant to support 135hp to substain 170hp. It could probably do it. But I'd look towards a more modern turbo or a cat replacement turbo before going down this path.
Can you give some details about what makes them archaic? The "d" isn't THAT old.

3dAngus

I think it would be darn cool to have the first whistlin' A3. Go for it Steve! Then take us a video with good sound. I want to hear it. It would be a good Utube project.

3dAngus

If you are going for the sound and the a3 doesnt do it for you just cut the pipe and weld on a a2 pipe. Theres a few scrappers down there that will only get scrap value fot it.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Can you give some details about what makes them archaic? The "d" isn't THAT old.
Ummm yeah, they are. You've got to consider they've been around for 30+ years. Turbo design has came WAAAAY ahead since then. The latest hot thing in turbos are "batmowheels" as they're nicknamed. It know it looks like a damaged wheel, but the blades are actually "waved". It gives a lot more surface area making a 60mm compressor outflow a standard 60mm with no mods other than the wheel.

75mm-batmowheel.jpg

A modern S300 or 400 borg warner turbo certainly would outflow the C or D turbo.

BTW, the D turbo flows more than the C turbo.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Doh, so you're going after all this for sound only?

Yes, ditching the muffler will certainly get more sound of it. Removing the air filter and using a cone element will also increase it as well.

I'm of Gimp's mindset though. Loud turbos get annoying fast.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks