• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

multifuel parts interchange

162tcat

Are the heads, block, crank and rods the same in the LD, LDT and LDS engines? I have a friend who is giving me an LD engine and I would like to rebuild it with LDS pistons as a backup for my LDS 465-1a. I know the pistons, injection pump and injectors are different, I just want to make sure everything else is the same. Also, if it makes a difference, the LD is from a m35 but will be going in my LDS equipped 5 ton.

One last question, how do you ID the "thick deck" blocks?

thanks!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Look for the TD cast on the side of the block. (near where the alternator is).

162tcat

Thanks for the info. I didn't think there would be a difference in blocks (other than "TD" blocks) or cranks but thought heads and rods could be different.

Anyone know a place to pick up the LDS pistons, liners and new style head gaskets at a fair price? Some places think this stuff is gold plated!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have not seen one without the nozzles.

Has anyone?

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No problem; all engines have them and all model LDT's, + LD, + LDS-465-1 and 1A engines (codes B,C,D,E and F) share the same oil sprayer tubes. The LDS-465-2 and the LDS-427-2 have different ones.

G.

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
ok, i wasn't sure about the LD block. the LDS nozzles are aimed at the holes in the piston head, the manual shows pressurizing the system to visualy check the aim.

JasonS

Thanks for the info. I didn't think there would be a difference in blocks (other than "TD" blocks) or cranks but thought heads and rods could be different.

Anyone know a place to pick up the LDS pistons, liners and new style head gaskets at a fair price? Some places think this stuff is gold plated!
There are actually two different TD blocks. There APPEARS to be an early TD and a late TD.