• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Museum opening/possible rally?????

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
:-D i might not be bringing a mv but i am sure im going ... would love to see those nice trucks again.. i stopped by a few times when it was up on north 49 and i was impressed with the set up then... hope to see many great guys and trucks there Tim

joestewart

I'll be there. Anyone have directions? I know the museum is near the airport but exactly where? Is it on the left side of Hwy 14 as you are driving away from Abbeville? I cannot find the street name on msnmaps or yahoomaps.

EZFEED

Hey bud, if you are headed east towards Erath on Hwy 14 then it is on your left side (same side as the airport, the current facility is a hangar). There is a National Guard Armory (only one around there) right there on the same side as the airport. There is a road that runs right alongside the armory called "Jimmy C Vorhoff Jr. Drive" and this is the road that you want to take. Drive down it then hang a left on "Young A Broussard Drive" then make a right on "Industrial Park Loop". You will see the museum there.

Hope to see you guys there!!!! :-D I just recieved some bad news today....my relief has crawfished on me and decided he cannot cover me the whole weekend or even the sunday. Being that he is my ONLY relief in the gulf coast and the fact the sorry sumbitch lives in Alabama makes it almost impossible for me to find a replacment. I have worked it out to where I will go there about mid-day then just hook it back to work on hwy 14 at some point a few hours before 6pm. Freaking sucks but this is starting to become the story of my life. :-x
Anyway...hope to see at leaast some of yall there. We dont have too-too much to display right now except what you have seen plus some of the guys rides and all that.

You should be able to find the place fairly easy....its the only set of hangars with two bombers sitting across from it plus they've put up a banner and there will be all sorts of stuff going on too.
Here is a pic of the front so you will know what it looks like. The little white squares on the front say "museum parking only" so thats a giveaway. Also a pic of me so you'll know me if ya see me :)

If someone asks where you heard about the opening from (most assuredly if you are driving green iron) then please tell them you are a member of the Steel Soldier website and if that draws a blank then just say the same site Patrick Martin is a part of. I've kind of talked us up ;-) and want them to know that we do have sort of a club here in LA and across other states that is dedicated to the very same thing the museum is about and that our members would be more than likely to help out with events and other functions.

Attachments

Last edited:

EZFEED

Hey guys, here is a verrrrry old pic of the location. Very old because in this pic does not show the hangar.

If you guys happen to show up in your MV's then you have special placement and can park on the museum grounds instead of across the way. See...I'm lookin out fer ya! LOL! :-D

Look in the pic....the yellow square represents the museum. Well just in front of the museum across the street is the property for phase 2 and if you see I have marked off a blue section. That is parking for your vehicles should you wish ot display them.
I told Mrs. Paula Finley (our spokesperson) that some of you may be showing up and may do so but that you need to be free to leave at any time and she said that is fine and you all will have free range at the place! :-D

Hope to see y'all there! I will be staying till around 12 or so (I have to work :cry:) but I will be look'in for ya!!!!! :-D

Attachments

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
we can around 12 or so an couldnt stay to long.. around 300 or close ... we seen all that was there.. no trucks... air planes .. including a F16 fly by.. some vintage planes and a higgins boat... super cool.. that place will be great once its all back in place.. great group of guys ... we meet a couple SS members their , joe with his m816 and Ron aka 73m819 but no others.. but we had a great time.. didnt meet ezfeed as he was gone already.. Tim

EZFEED

Hey Hey!!! Sorry I missed ya (and any others!) yep....had to go back to work :( Thanks for showing up! I got to meet Joel and Ron too! Wish I had gotten to meet you too but there will be other times (maybe next time at your place if you host again :) ). For sure this place will be a geat rally point on this side of the state.

We will be getting all of the vehicles back from camp shelby so there will be tanks, trucks, etc once we get the foundation laid and phase 2 underway. I wanna say Tacom makes you weld and secure everything down now. :roll:

Here are some pics from early and mid day.

Attachments

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
had a nice visit, good to see tim and pam again, glad to meet pat and joe, joe brought his 816, here is a few pics i took, thanks to my wife i now know how to get pics from the cammera to the site

Attachments

EZFEED

Hope you all get to come by at some point! :)

Shoot Frodo, not a thing! At some point we need to have a rally! This place is really small right now but we have TONS of stuff strewn about everywhere so when we do get the building built it should be a really sweet place! And the best part is it's ours! :-D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks