• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MV Addiction filled. Reis the Beast M1078A0 is born

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
GA requires a commercial 26K tag,but fees aren't too bad.
Question on winch power...I got a Sherpa 25k winch wired for 24v, still trying to cipher a physical attachment to the front and/or rear shackle lugs ala towbar with power from the NATO coax. I am using the stock 6P battery setup...what are the odds it would work ?
Scope out what @chucky has on the front of his truck.

Another guy @Gunny 0369 with a Sherpa has a warning about how you want to bolt it to the truck.

M1078MAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
.I got a Sherpa 25k winch wired for 24v, still trying to cipher a physical attachment to the front and/or rear shackle lugs ala towbar with power from the NATO coax. I am using the stock 6P battery setup...what are the odds it would work ?
Nice winch, those Sherpa are. I a lil newton law and amps draw specs, I think you will be fine. I ran a dedicated 4/0 or 0000guage to the front, and want to insert the winch inward of the D rings so it doesn't protrude too far and I can still open the cab, planning to weld tabs to the cross beam and bolt the winch cradle to it. and the bumper

Last edited:

M1078MAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Its stout and very compact for the whopping 4k AMPS, I haven't tried the jump start function, like the battery pack feature.. Really got it for the multi-weather environment and cold weather capability, built in temp sensor and internal heater :) You can charge from wall, USB or other 12V source.

Good addition to the tool box, I think

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks