• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MV Addiction filled. Reis the Beast M1078A0 is born

coachgeo

the more expensive way (compared to selling your 12v and buying a 24v)

Last edited:

ramdough

No, I have not yet upgraded the Alt-in the future plans..

Starting to understand what the equalizer does, still a little confused about how its wired from alt to batteries, and where is the best place to source 12V for the winch..

Duty cycle is important, and with an electrical winch, obviously duty cycle pause is going to be longer based on draw. I am just not at the point to pull trigger on hyd winch system.. but would love it.
You will probably want to wire directly to your batteries. Then the equalizer is connected to Ground, 12v, and 24v at the batteries as well. The equalizer only detects if the two 12v halves of the system are equal. It helps balance them but does not add any power to your system. It pulls from one side to the other when charging.

Some winches can pull a lot of current. Talking 400a+. Look at your winch specs for stall current. That is your max it can pull. Your batteries are like giant capacitors. They source the peak draws but will start dropping down if you pull too long. Then you wait to recharge and pull again.

At least this is my understanding…. Hopefully I worded it correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Third From Texas

Last edited:

M1078MAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That looks nice. Where did you get it? A link?

Yes, I picked that up from a post in what have you done to your LMTV.. and if I remember, it was Third from Texas. Freaken great system.. like alot

Looks like I have alot more research to do on the winch. This ole sarge appreciates all the help, suggestions and opinions.. That's what makes this place GREAT..

Thank you all very much

LINKY

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not true, I only have the one that came in my truck.

But Amazon has them and I've posted links in the past...

Liar liar pants on fire ! Hes got 3 or 4 on each dash and not the junky cheap plastic stuff on amazon ! And even got the dancing houla girl that he wont let out of his sight ! He takes her in the house every night and puts her on the night stand and makes the dog guard her with her life ! Then puts her in shirt pocket when he goes to walmart for beer and frozen tv dinners and has been heard complaining to her about the prices in the checkout line ! download.jpg

M1078MAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Spent the last 24 hours researching battery equalizers, decided on the the sure power 100amp, found this guy on fleabay with 6 month warranty for $150.

Seems he has several if your interested

search fleabay or the like SURE POWER BATTERY CONVERTER

Also bench tested the 12000, motor no good, going to upgrade to a 6.0 HP from 4.5, make it a 15000

Last edited:

M1078MAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So doing some research on the rear cans..

Are Meritor X24-3276J-10 and Haldex 165406 interchangeable?

What about the Type 9 and Type 12 diaphragms interchangeable with DP09 and DP12 Haldex

Looking for some spares to have on the truck..

ramdough

Attachments

ramdough

This so simply perfect.. thank you very much, I believe you helped many soldiers
That is why we are all here.

The top schematic is the one that equalizes the batteries. That is the one I plan to use.

I think if you don’t use the optional switches, the equalizer will draw some power. I plan to add the switches.

M1078MAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is why we are all here.

The top schematic is the one that equalizes the batteries. That is the one I plan to use.

I think if you don’t use the optional switches, the equalizer will draw some power. I plan to add the switches.

Great point, what a magic box when running, what a drain when not, adding the switch/s to the set up

M1078MAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am barrowing a great design by "Chucky" for a set of fold flat rear entrance stairs, which will slide in place of aux stairs storage location at rear.. I am hopeful this will be within climbing capabilities of my hunting partner who suffered a stroke a few years ago. If not, I can always revert to the walk in style.
20201121_165953.jpg

Picked up the 84 inch ramps last night, and hope I have enough material to finish it today

\\MAIL CALL//

Recd my 8kw dsl fired heater via fleabay as a back up to the installed 2kw unit.. will stow for back up to heat-you just never know..

search 8kw air diesel parking heater

Last edited:

Sgt Jiggins

Potato Peeler
Steel Soldiers Supporter
intriguing indeed. somebody somewhere thought enough of the concept to make this possible. and then...

"
Integration of the HHV system into the M1078-A1R was completed and preliminary on-road
testing and vehicle shakedown was successful. The HHV was moved to the SwRI heavy duty
dynamometer for continued system shakedown and developmental testing. During
developmental testing, a hydraulic motor failure occurred. Although not catastrophic, the motor
could not be repaired to allow for final fuel economy testing to be completed.
"

oh well...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks