• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MV Addiction filled. Reis the Beast M1078A0 is born

M1078MAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
\\MAIL CALL//

Got some Mid West Military Equipment goodness in the form of 2 CTIS NEW wheel valves.. yummy

GROUP 1311: WHEEL ASSEMBLY FIG.158 WHEEL ASSEMBLY AND CTIS VALVE ITEM NI

Search Flee Bay MILITARY LMTV FMTV TRUCK CTIS WHEEL RIM VALVE & AIR HOSE M1078 M1083 M1088 A1
20210920_164716.jpg

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, truck is chocked and on house air, just got to get the wife up in the seat and step on the brake to see which valve it is coming from.. I probably put a seal in backwards or something stupid :)
Did you use lube on the orings? I did one and didn’t feel like walking down to the other shop to get some. Leaked like a sieve. Needless to say, I went and got the lube.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Yes, truck is chocked and on house air, just got to get the wife up in the seat and step on the brake to see which valve it is coming from.. I probably put a seal in backwards or something stupid :)
That will just be a learning experience if it is. No big deal.
Turn it over and try again. Glad to hear that you have house air hooked up. Makes troubleshooting so much easier.

M1078MAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
\\MAIL CALL//
Received this alternative to the FAN solenoid. I have been told this is confirmed an alternate to the unobtanium original. I haven't tried it, but keeping in my box of tools when I have a problem.. I believe you will need 2 quick lock connectors as well

Bonus, you can stack these with 1 air source to run anything else you might need to from a air source/electrical activation, IE Horn, ramps or other air operated type systems

AutomationDirect.com

Credit to rronmar

Shipped Items:
QuantityItem Code Description
1AVP-31C1-24DNITRA solenoid valve, 3-port (3-way), 2-position, N.C., single solenoid spring return, (2) 1/8in female NPT inlet(s), (1) 1/8in female NPT outlet(s), (1) vent hole exhaust(s), Cv=0.05, 24 VDC, 3.0W, 11mm DIN style wiring plug.

20210921_131825.jpg

Last edited:

M1078MAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
M1078Man,

Would you be willing to give at parts list of what you bought to address your OLOD? I'm gonna go ahead and address the one on the M35A3.

Thanks,
SJ/JD
Yes,

\\MAIL CALL//

Recd my OLOD death from Traxoffgrid. Well packaged, very durable with everything to replace the old with new

20210922_212208.jpg

M1078MAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Today I spent a few hours reconfiguring my solar. With the additional two 210W panels, I look to go series-parallel, this will keep me in line with the MPPT EPEVER 4210AN thresholds.

After 1830-1845 and sunset, I plugged in the new panels and flipped the breaker. With only ambient sun, I saw 32V and 2 AMP, though I am expecting with full sun, about 40V and 20 AMPs, I think.. anyone out there smarter on this solar. here is what I have

2 panels 200W 20V
2 panels 210W 20V

with the SP are my estimates right?

SP-solar-connection-schematic.png

once I have confirmed and I wont let the secret smoke out of the controller, will mount them down

Last edited:

M1078MAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
TOday I spent some time under the hood, adjusting belts, changing fuel filters and installing the OLOD.20210930_093500.jpg

I think I found a problem, the bolts holding the support plate for the compressor and hyd pump were loose, after changing the filters and starting it, I saw movement in the assembly, I shut it down..tightened up the bolts and restarted, the vibration was gone

With all the oil and stuff from my OLOD I decided to purple power the engine bay..after getting her looking clean, I started it up to evap the water, thats when I noticed a seep of oil coming from the front case behind the bolt at the top of the case between compressor and case, and it appears to be a crack...............its plainfully obvious in the picture, but these eyes just saw oil
20210930_093228.jpg

GUess its time to break out the TIG and see if it can be repaired. anyone know how much the front case is

Last edited:

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
\\MAIL CALL//

Recd these delineator
View attachment 847182

Search flee bay Military Vehicle Delineator M939 M923 M809 LMTV M35A2 M998 M151 MILITARY TRUCK
Recently saw somewhere that had them offered as magnetics.
That way, you can have all the safety and attract as much attention as you need.

As a piece of magnetic material, if you need to sneak around in the woods they can easily be removed.

M1078MAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looking for some suggestions on a wired real-time LTE GPS tracking system for Reis. I have found many, just looking for some expert opinions, anyone have any insider information.

I am leaning towards subscription type, however, free is good for me as well if there is such a thing

If you prefer not to post to the world, drop me a PM.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks