• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MV Addiction filled. Reis the Beast M1078A0 is born

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have to say, absolutely love everyones input feedback and recommendations.

I am in that situation, I dont want to break the bank 20 times over...It really helps when opinions are provided good or bad..it guides decisions both short and long.

95% of what I have is based on your input..so keep it coming..

\/
Probably overkill for my lil system, but I do like the look of it

\\MAIL || CALL//
Got this pump and accumulator tank combo for a great price of 89$..it will fit my build to the T..

Search NOZA-MA
All New 33 Series SeaFlo Marine Water Pump 12 V DC 45 PSI 3.0 GPM 23.5 oz 125 psi Accumulator System
Remember when you mount this stuff at the low point of all the plumbing you should have a drain valve to the ground so you can winterize the system and you have to unscrew the fittings on the pumps or they will freeeze and bust and turn the pumps on for a few seconds to push traped water out or you will be rebuying this stuff next spring ! Always drain your entire water system tanks also if your not out working the truck and if your using the truck when it freezing cold when filling your fresh water tank that the overflow vent hose will freeze on the end and your water tank will turn into a giant football and tear your hoses loose if your just waiting for water to start coming out before you cut off the fill hydrant and you can use antifreeze in your black water tank to keep from busting the drain valve and t handle

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh I'm not disagreeing. I just accept the fact that I'd get a lemon no matter what I purchase. LOL

Magnum are used in a LOT of ambulance boxes (I spent three years studying/researching ambo's to use as a build platform/hab).

But the prices on all the "best" brands are simply out of my budget anyway (if I'm going to build this thing before I turn 70 in another 10 years).

LOL
Yea ive watched you work you know how to lay back and the deals fall into your lap same with these inverters keep an eye on camper junk yards and do a search for used ones near you cause im telling you mom and pop will never wear out or over use these MAGNUM inverters just dont buy one off of an old tour bus when i stumbled on mine i was finding them used for 500 bucks and 90% chance that will be your last one to buy

M1078MAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Chucky
Yes yes and yes, from experience, :confused:last year I froze the instant on propane water heater because I didnt have my anti iceing system plumbed correctly to direct flow through the water heater..

did just that had to buy another..here is a picture of carnage
20211014_120132.jpg

to see how I combat freezing water systems

Last edited:

Third From Texas

Yea ive watched you work you know how to lay back and the deals fall into your lap same with these inverters keep an eye on camper junk yards and do a search for used ones near you cause im telling you mom and pop will never wear out or over use these MAGNUM inverters just dont buy one off of an old tour bus when i stumbled on mine i was finding them used for 500 bucks and 90% chance that will be your last one to buy

Actually, a buddy here in town who works at a sailing charter gave me a Xantrex inverter/charger 3.0 that had come out of a sailboat. It was thought bad, but replacement did not solve their issue so he said it could have been viable. Sadly, it was a paperweight...

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Actually, a buddy here in town who works at a sailing charter gave me a Xantrex inverter/charger 3.0 that had come out of a sailboat. It was thought bad, but replacement did not solve their issue so he said it could have been viable. Sadly, it was a paperweight...
Have him get you a mast off an old boat and you could stand it up out back.
Then you could have a MV Sailboat...

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
dont throw the high dollar one away usally they slide a new board in them if you can get a free xantrex or magnum send it to a factory shop for qoute !

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Chucky
Yes yes and yes, from experience, :confused:last year I froze the instant on propane water heater because I didnt have my anti iceing system plumbed correctly to direct flow through the water heater..

did just that had to buy another..here is a picture of carnage
View attachment 847941

to see how I combat freezing water systems
are useing pex in the walls?

M1078MAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Most of my tubing is floor mounted aside what goes to sink and shower and external propane water heater, external tank fill. I have the JP8 heater blowing across the floor for now, but yes, PEX is in my future.

Additionally, the scavange exhaust system plumbing circulates warm water through tank and external water heater.. keeping it non potable for now

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Most of my tubing is floor mounted aside what goes to sink and shower and external propane water heater, external tank fill. I have the JP8 heater blowing across the floor for now, but yes, PEX is in my future.

Additionally, the scavange exhaust system plumbing circulates warm water through tank and external water heater.. keeping it non potable for now
It seems like its so forgiving to swell up frozen then back to normal and no breaks or leaks to get stuff all wet and moldy in behind stuff and walls ! When something does freeze and bust and it will you know where you dont have to look or fix .

Godspeed131

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yea the stuff is very forgiving I remodeled the whole house using nothing but pex. Before I decided to use it I took a 6 in piece of it capped one end, filled it with water, and capped the other end and threw it in the freezer. It swelled plenty but did not crack nor fail . I don’t live in a cold deep freeze state by no means but the piece of mind is nice. Plus it’s so easy to route I had removed the old main water lines and just snaked the new the whole length of the house through the existing holes all with one continuous piece.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Yea the stuff is very forgiving I remodeled the whole house using nothing but pex. Before I decided to use it I took a 6 in piece of it capped one end, filled it with water, and capped the other end and threw it in the freezer. It swelled plenty but did not crack nor fail . I don’t live in a cold deep freeze state by no means but the piece of mind is nice. Plus it’s so easy to route I had removed the old main water lines and just snaked the new the whole length of the house through the existing holes all with one continuous piece.
That "no break / no coupling" plan is the real magic with Pex!
You definitely did yourself a favor doing it that way.

That stuff is pretty amazing!

M1078MAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
\\MAIL CALL//

Recd my inverter charger yesterday..

Search IC122055 - KISAE Abso 2000 Compact Pure Sine Inverter/Charger

-Multiple Sources I purchased from DonRowe.com

Unit is equipped with auto transfer switch and smart charging. nice addition to Reis..one day I will be able to afford the big boys like magnum, but for now, great addition.

So far, I have run 2 test on my system. 0530E maximum amps draw by pump, fridge freezer, and JP8 heater is 19Amp, left it on all day, thus far system has not dropped below 97% of 300AH (300 being 50%of total available 600AH) We will see how she runs/functions with inverter charger.

Sgt Jiggins

Potato Peeler
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A word of warning about Renogy - I purchased my panels from Renogy and they have been great but I keep hearing poor customer service stories from Renogy especially on their inverter/chargers.

There are always some customer with units that don’t perform properly and customer service can remedy that - that I keep hearing both hardware issues and less than stellar customer support would concern me.
FWIW I bought a small renogy 12vdc 1.5amp panel for a weather monitor. First one DOA- no output voltage. Returned to amazoo for replacement. 2nd also DOA. Refund.

I'm sure renogy has some decent products somewhere in their line but that wasn't one.

Also, most folks on SS are of the overbuild it mentality from what I've seen. I certainly am. I suspect a bit more $ on critical equipment isn't a showstopper...

SG/JD

M1078MAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
FWIW I bought a small renogy 12vdc 1.5amp panel for a weather monitor. First one DOA- no output voltage. Returned to amazoo for replacement. 2nd also DOA. Refund.

I'm sure renogy has some decent products somewhere in their line but that wasn't one.

Also, most folks on SS are of the overbuild it mentality from what I've seen. I certainly am. I suspect a bit more $ on critical equipment isn't a showstopper...

SG/JD
That is one of the reasons I didn't go with Renogy, and opted with KISAE Abso 2000 Compact Pure Sine Inverter/Charger. Reviews seem to be good all the way around. Yeah have to balance overbuild with $$.

M1078MAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, after a couple of under 40MPH trips of about 150 miles each way, Reis is temporarily offline until I get the replacement timing inner cover 7e6366, temp fix failed. Cant wait to tear into it, looks like a lot of fun will be had.

If anyone has one they want to get ride of and make 250, drop me a message in the next day or 2....Item 5 is what I need

I kick myself in the arse, completely preventable, but a common failure.. while I am doing this, going to check driveline balance and clocking

Attachments

Last edited:

Sgt Jiggins

Potato Peeler
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, after a couple of under 40MPH trips of about 150 miles each way, Reis is temporarily offline...

Not to poke fun, but damn, I thought I was the only one... :LOL::ROFLMAO::rolleyes:

If there's a decent way to 'tag' this thread, it should be a "this will happen to your CAT 3116/M1078" kinda deal. Man I'm sorry for you.

Lemme know if an extra set of hands are needed for any of this.

SJ/JD

M1078MAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No problem got to make light of it, although I wanted to scream.

Like I said, my fault, many things I could have done, should have, would have done, but brain was not seeing the warning signs.

So I paid the piper, found the part, cost me in more ways then one.

Appreciate the offer, may take you up on it, see how it goes in the coming days

Sgt Jiggins

Potato Peeler
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No problem got to make light of it, although I wanted to scream.

Like I said, my fault, many things I could have done, should have, would have done, but brain was not seeing the warning signs.

So I paid the piper, found the part, cost me in more ways then one.

Appreciate the offer, may take you up on it, see how it goes in the coming days
I mean... it's a nice truck. Maybe we figure out a way to do a M1078<->SEE swap one day. :unsure:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks