• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MV ownership shows your priorities...

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
So I need to use my deuce for one last GL loadout Tuesday. I jumped in it today to fire her up and check things out. As I was shifting through the trans gears(with the T-case in neutral) I noticed I could not shift out of 5th gear.

Took the top off and built a shifting test stand for it. I figured maybe from sitting a couple years it was possible the shift rails had issues. All shift positions tested fine. Then I grabbed my BFH and a brass drift. Tapped the gear back to the N position. WOW those sycros are way worn!

Looked in another trans I had and it was in much better cond.

At this point Wheelspinner texted he was in town and read to grab some dinner, so I put everything up and went for wings and beer. After, we stopped and shot some pool at mom & dads. Then I dropped him off at his hotel and went home to swap out the trans. It took a little over 2hrs, but I think I'm ready for my road trip on Tuesday.

Oh yeah, the reason for the late night swap? Were getting rain tomorrow! :evil::naner:8)

rustystud

Oh to be young again ! Go out eating and drinking and playing then come home and work till who knows how late R&R'ing a transmission ! I had to take a nap just reading this post ! LOL ! As we used to say in the Marines, that's "Hard Charging" Chris !

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
2 hours is a pretty good pace if dealing with a PTO. Many said that after 20 year of deuce ownership, once mine were gone I would get right back into them. It's been 3 years now and I just don't miss them. I often contemplate selling off my deuce specific tools but I never do. Enjoy the ride up I-71 Chris.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I did slack off there, I didn't swap the pto over to the new trans yet. It isn't needed for this mission, so I figured I'd do it while swapping my front axles 3rd member later this year (hopefully before Haspin).

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It was good to see Gimp again as always. Food was good, I think we split the pool games. Mom's home made chocolates were really good. Wish I could have hung on to help on the deuce but the old "paycheck work" called for attention. See you next time.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I am let down. I came into this thread reading the title expecting stories of how you bathed with MV stuff now.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm sorry about drifting off topic but the avaturd is killing me. I NEED that bottomless bottle and glass. I wonder if that's what Jesus had at the sermon on the mount.

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
I just want gimpyrobb to make house calls to Ft. Lauderdale
I have lots for him to do and have trades too.
No truck or machine parts in the shower or pool.

Last edited: