• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MV show at the XXX Burger Drive-in, Issaquah, WA April 12 SUNDAY

kearns

As luck would have it, my front axle seal blew and spewed fluid all over the Inside passenger tire. Gonna have to order up a front axle seal kit and hope I can make it next time. Still hope to come by, but won't be bringing the deuce.

if anybody knows of a local source for zippered boots, I could probably get them in today as a temporary fix since it's only a short drive for me.

Last edited:

Amer-team

Kurt, We are going to go up I-5 to 405 to I-90. Seem like the least hassle way to go. Do you want to tag along? PM me your number or give me a call in the morning or tonight and we can put a plan together. Might be better for you to meet us on the 167 - 405 northbound on ramp. P 360 870 0706.

Kearns as for zippered boots, take a look at the threads on this. Not all boots are created equal and there are definitely some lesser quality ones out there. It is not good when you go to all the trouble to replace and a few months later the new boot is cracking out. I think some have made some suggestions on which ones to get.

kearns

Kearns as for zippered boots, take a look at the threads on this. Not all boots are created equal and there are definitely some lesser quality ones out there. It is not good when you go to all the trouble to replace and a few months later the new boot is cracking out. I think some have made some suggestions on which ones to get.
I was just hoping I could find a set of zipper boots today to throw on there and hold the oil/grease in long enough to make it to the show tomorrow. At this point I've decided against it and have started researching for the best overhaul kit.

JH1

Tomorrow's the big day. Nick from Redmond will be debuting his freshly renovated M-274 Mule in the back of Chad's M-715. Parking is pretty much a free-for-all. In general, the military vehicles will be in tight against the burger joint and the fire and rescue vehicles will flow in around us. Look for Aaron Kitahara and his high-$ photography gear. See y'all there.
Jim

JH1

Good to have you at the event. Look me up. I'll have the cute little tracked missile carrier on a car trailer behind my Ford pickup.
Jim

Another Ahab

Oh, PLEASE

Tomorrow's the big day. Nick from Redmond will be debuting his freshly renovated M-274 Mule in the back of Chad's M-715. Parking is pretty much a free-for-all. In general, the military vehicles will be in tight against the burger joint and the fire and rescue vehicles will flow in around us. Look for Aaron Kitahara and his high-$ photography gear. See y'all there.
Jim
Good to have you at the event. Look me up. I'll have the cute little tracked missile carrier on a car trailer behind my Ford pickup.
Jim

cameraVII.jpg

Amer-team

Nice event. Thank you for the invite. Pictures will come but not tonight. It was nice to have an event where there was some time to talk. P

DrillerSurplus

I only caught the last hour or so after working to finish my taxes this morning, but it was great see the good turnout. (and the mostly sunny weather)

Got a chance to say Hi to some people I'd met before at the gun show in Puyallup and to meet a couple of members I'd exchanged posts with here on SS.

It was also my first time visiting the XXX drive in- fun place and good root beer!

My thanks to Jim & everyone who organized & participated in this event.

JH1

Thanks for the kind words, gents! I really appreciate all the people who came to this event, particularly when the weather looked questionable. It turned out just great. Mark your calendars for the same place, same time, same channel (??), next spring. I'll announce it a couple of months ahead of time.

JH1

Hey thanks, Kurt! Good pictures. Anyone else have some? I spoke to Jose, the owner of the Triple-X and he's excited to have us back next year.
Jim

Another Ahab

Very Excellent

Thanks a million for the photo record, kurtkids; what a great show!

Love ALL of it; the headquarters "quarterdeck", the vintage squad cars, the excellent mix (MV, Civi, Law Enforcement). And the excellent mix leads to all kinds of questions:

- Never saw a jeep with that grille arrangement, any story there?

Mix I.jpg

Guessing this is the missile carrier you hinted at, and then there's the other mystery vehicle. Never seen either before. What's the story about them, please (era, purpose; you know, for the curious):

mix II.jpg mix III.jpg

Last edited:

Another Ahab

First picture is a very early JEEP, second is a HAWK Missile carrier, and the last looks like a WW2 Ford bomb truck. Definitely cool stuff at this show.

Bert
The last picture is of a Burma jeep.
No kidding; pound-for-pound, might be the tightest mix of any show I've seen on-site yet, don't you think? Good stuff.

And I apologize for not knowing, but is the "Burma jeep" a WWII vintage?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks