• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mv wheeling in a hurricane!

rdixiemiller

How often you boys tear down your wheel brgs and re-pack them? Have you extended the vents up higher to keep water out of the diffs and gear cases?
Looks like a fun weekend, I was just curious about the after-fun work.

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
as little as I like packing bearings, that would be worth it for me. [thumbzup]

Hope you brought a life preserver for the guy in the dodge pickup :D

marksgarage2

I repack my bearings all the way around about once a year.We do this every other weekend and I have no water anywhere. You can drive threw the water, but if you get stuck and sit in the water it will get in everything. I do check bearings and fluids once a month.

Katch1

does look loke fun, we are so short of rain I don't think the river in front of the house is that deep
I don't have anyone locally with a deuce or anything else that could help if I get in trouble, so I need to play it safe anyhow.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I use boat trailor wheel bearing grease in everything. Even if water gets in it's not that big a deal. Looks like you had the time of your lives!!!

nickd

After swimming I always pull the plugs on the diffs to check for water in the 90W oil.The front diff usually shows signs of water so I drain and flush. The front axle boot zippers are probably the weak spot. i also pull the front hub and check for water and repack if water is present. A complete washing is also in order to remove the Jersey mud (sand) that gets every where. The fun is well worth the extra maintenance. By the way I was impressed with the performance of the civvy trucks! Just about the only thing that gave them trouble was sucking in water or a submerged object(stump) The pictures of Waynes 5 ton with the 52" tires do not do it justice. There was NO challenge for him. That truck is a power house.