• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

"MWO" meaning?

McNulty

Hello, on a hmmwv for sale in my area ive seen these triangle tags that say "MWO" with a date on the driver side right above the vehicles identification plate. there's two with dates that are about 4 years apart. if this info has been shared some place on the forum already please forgive me. the hmmwv i saw this on is a 87 m998. with the mwo dates of 3-2-93 and 3-4-97.

McNulty

for things such as 3-point seatbelts, upgraded rear brakes, etc.
oh ok nice so its not necessary a red flag as to the state of the engine or how much work the truck has required in the past. thanks for the response, I appreciate the help.

TomTime

Steel Soldiers Supporter
thanks for the response, appreciate the help.

Yeah, I learned early on, on this forum, ALWAYS check the TM's, search the forum with the search option and google EVERYTHING first, and then look again before asking a question. There are a lot of great and nice people on this forum and have vast wealth of knowledge and will still help you out if you don't, but there are a few that get a little, perturbed.

Good luck!

Last edited:

Guyfang

Staff member
Yeah, I learned early on, on this forum, ALWAYS check the TM's, search the forum with the search option and google EVERYTHING first, and then look again before asking a question. There are a lot of great and nice people on this forum and have vast wealth of knowledge and will still help you out if you don't, but there are a few that get a little, perturbed.

Good luck!
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! :ROFLMAO: