• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My 003a won’t stay running

diesel dave

I was running my Mep 003 during a power outage when it suddenly quit. The fuel pump was still running/pumping,but the engine just stopped.
I turned the start switch and it fired right back up and continued to run until I shut it off after the power outage (4 hours).
Yesterday we had another power outage,so I fired up the generator. It ran about 2 hours and quit again. Fuel pump still working. I’m thinking now that it must be plugged/restricted fuel filters,lines, or tank pickup.
However when I tried to restart as I had before it will not stay running. It starts and will stay running only if the starter is engaged. As soon as you release the start switch to the run position,it quits. Engage the start switch again and it fires right up and will stay running as long as the starter is engaged.
So it appears to be an electrical problem. Any ideas where or what it might be?

Ray70

How's your oil pressure? Sounds to me like either the oil pressure sensor or your temperature sensor is either starting to flake out, or there is a bad connection on one of them. Hopefully it's just a bad sensor and not a true mechanical problem!
If oil pressure is good, try jumping the oil pressure switch and see if it will start normally.
If that doesn't help, do the same with the temp sensor, then report back.

diesel dave

Thanks for the replies. I’ll checkout the sensors first chance i get. Oil pressure has always been good,but to be honest,I never looked when this started. I’ve got a couple of “take out” motors I can rob sensors from.
What is “ lop”?

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Low Oil Pressure, same unit Ray mentioned. Its right near the oil filter canister, left side, low. Its got 2 wires going to it... its a simple circuit. Just undo those 2 wires and hook them together for testing purposes. It will take the sensor out of the equation. If it runs and runs and runs with no issue, thats probably your culprit.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks