• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

my 24v mess

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am going to around and ask a couple of my neighbors if they have one or Lowes it is. That was the first time it has ever not cranked within a couple of seconds. The wires were warm to the touch. Could I have fried some fusible links causing them to heat up?

If you are talking about a fuse in the meter, then yes, sometimes they have fuses.

Wncenergy

New meter. My old one was not working properly at all. The batteries now sit at 12.2 volts each right now after the second time of trying to get it to turn over. I came in to read up again on testing the alternators and to ask why it might not be turing over.

Wncenergy

I have not. I am leaning towards replacing them just because I want to go with more cranking amps anyways. Still seemed to have plenty of power to get it to crank up the first time. Had smoke coming out and the starter was running strong but it never would turn over. Is that the batteries or something else?

ryan77

Are u saying the motor turns over but doesnt fire?? Is the ip clicking when u turn the key on??

ryan77

If it doesnt click your not getting fuel! Pull the wire off the ip! Check for 12 volts with key on!

Wncenergy

Sorry to be ignorant but I do not really know what that is except I had heard it. My first guess that is what the red wide from the negative on the rear battery to a plate on the driver side. Back to the tms

Wncenergy

photo (1).jpgI checked these connnections prior to pulling the green wire off with the key off and they had 12.5 volts each same as the batteries. When I pulled this green wire off they had nothing.

EO2NMCB

The green wire is for the fast idle, you want to be checking the pink wire next to it in your pic for power, it is the fuel shutoff, it is where you will hear the click.

jeryshery

Bypass the wire and run a jumper to it and see if it'll start. If it does and everything else in the truck is working you'll have your problem narrowed down.

Wncenergy

Sorry I had the multimeter hooked up wrong. I tried it again with the positive lead of the multimeter to the positive terminal and the negative to the red wire and got my 12.5.

Wncenergy

10/4 that was a first gut thought because it did throw out alot of smoke when trying to crank. I am still a little mystified about the operation of the multimeter, but am learning.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks