• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

my 24v mess

Wncenergy

Well alternator in and it cranks and runs like a charm. One problem, when I turn my service light switch to all on my horn starts to blow continuously. When I hit my horn it just blows in tandem like there is two horns. Any clue?

ryan77

I agree with warthog on that also! I had to cut one out on my last blazer by the fusebox! I forgot about that one! The horn uses a ground to activate instead of a positive so any split can ground the horn and cause it to sound!

hodgeb

I converted mine over to a 12 volt system. I used the drivers side alternator and removed the passenger`s. I got a momentary switch for the GP`S relay , and wired the batteries in parallel, replaced the 24 volt starter with a 12 volt.

I payed careful attention to detail in assuring all connections would stay tight and secure for years . I did this for several reasons, 1 being if I were to be away from home and I needed a jump. No one has a 24 volt system,another is that I did not want to spin 2 alternators. Another being that if I were away and the starter or alternator went out I would be stuck,now I have no worries and get better fuel mileage,and have a new starter.

Bite the bullet and just convert it unless you are jumping other 24 volt mv`s with the slave cable,you will be glad you did. I now have put on 35k on mine since, the only glitch I have had is the GP relay went out and I replaced it with a ford starter relay for 25 bucks.
Better fuel mileage? How much better? Is it measurable?

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No but other bad ground cables can. Puts the main load on that smaller wire.

Roanan77

I have a 1984 M1008 cucv blazer I just installed a new starter 24 volt a new fly wheel after I was finished hooked my batteries back up my horn would go off when I would turn on service/all lights switch my headlights do not come on my rear lights are working.....? The next day I had to jump my batteries so I disconnected them put them on charge one battery the front is a 1000 the back is 850 is that alright? Help!!!!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks