• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My 66 Bobbed Deuce In The Works

MilSpec78

Hi guys,

I thought I would share some pics of my deuce after finishing some modifications to her.

She is a 1966 M35a2 with a White LDT-465 engine and C turbo. I bought her last summer.

Mods done so far:

• Anco wiper upgrade
  • Battery relocation to engine compartment (I thought it was a good idea at the time.)
  • Bobbed (shortened frame by 3 feet and pushed single axle back 16")
  • Custom rear bumper
  • MRAP adapted rims with 14.00x20 NATO tread tires and flipped rear hubs
Mods yet to be completed (aka my wishlist):

• Fabricate new bed using walls of the old bed and add fenders (See 3d model less the fenders.)
  • Fabricate civy style hitch
  • Relocate gas tank (still going back and forth on this one)
  • Extend cab back 36" (or go quad cab)
  • Relocate exhaust to behind the cab (Dare I say add a muffler? It is screaming loud.)
  • Turn up fuel and add guages (For fun. The fuel may already be up. It has plenty of power.)
  • Add power steering (I am really going back and forth on all three types.)
  • Custom interior and insulation (Not sure on front seats but rear will likely be 2001-2006 Yukon/Tahoe 3rd row.)
  • Custom soft top for easy removal during summer months.
  • Paint (Desert Tan and flat black)

As you can see, there is still a lot to be done.

By the way, thank you to those who have pioneered many of the mods listed above. It has saved or will save me a great deal of time not having to reinvent the wheel.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks