• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My 66 Bobbed Deuce In The Works

MilSpec78

Hi guys,

I thought I would share some pics of my deuce after finishing some modifications to her.

She is a 1966 M35a2 with a White LDT-465 engine and C turbo. I bought her last summer.

Mods done so far:

• Anco wiper upgrade
  • Battery relocation to engine compartment (I thought it was a good idea at the time.)
  • Bobbed (shortened frame by 3 feet and pushed single axle back 16")
  • Custom rear bumper
  • MRAP adapted rims with 14.00x20 NATO tread tires and flipped rear hubs
Mods yet to be completed (aka my wishlist):

• Fabricate new bed using walls of the old bed and add fenders (See 3d model less the fenders.)
  • Fabricate civy style hitch
  • Relocate gas tank (still going back and forth on this one)
  • Extend cab back 36" (or go quad cab)
  • Relocate exhaust to behind the cab (Dare I say add a muffler? It is screaming loud.)
  • Turn up fuel and add guages (For fun. The fuel may already be up. It has plenty of power.)
  • Add power steering (I am really going back and forth on all three types.)
  • Custom interior and insulation (Not sure on front seats but rear will likely be 2001-2006 Yukon/Tahoe 3rd row.)
  • Custom soft top for easy removal during summer months.
  • Paint (Desert Tan and flat black)

As you can see, there is still a lot to be done.

By the way, thank you to those who have pioneered many of the mods listed above. It has saved or will save me a great deal of time not having to reinvent the wheel.

Attachments