• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My anniversary present

downeast

Steve,
Absolutely! I'm so lucky that I got great advice from you and other members on this site. Here are a couple of pictures of the tool box. They aren't that great. My camera battery died and I had to take these with my cell phone. I'll post some better shots tomorrow. The Knaack box has tool trays (4" x 8" x 21") that fit on the top rails of the box. I can fit several across this box and they sit perfectly above the fuel tank with about a half inch clearance to spare. There's also empty storage space in the box on the driver's side of the fuel tank. I have a divider panel welded just on the driver's side of the tank to separate the storage space from the tank. That space is about 24" x 23" x 20" and has plenty of room for a decent sized tool bag and other miscellaneous stuff.

For those who asked, my wife doesn't have a sister. When they made her, they broke the mold. For her gift, I took her to New York and she went shoe shopping. When we went into the first store she said, "How many pairs of shoes do you think will fit in the bed of your truck?" I don't get the whole shoe thing, but it makes her happy.

Phil

Attachments

jimm1009

I think that we should see the "Loving Couple" sitting on the tailgate or front bumper in a continuation of the story. Perhaps the kids too if available. It's always nice to put a face with a name.

Congrats on having a REALLY REALLY GREAT wife that obviously really loves her husband very much.

Wonderful present. I sure hope you gave her a big kiss!!

Jim

uh60

Looks like I need to find a lady like that! Very nice truck I like the tank in the tool box. Thanks for sharing the pictures Ive showed them to the guys at the hanger we are very impressed.

army70deuce

Quick question: Do you know what brand/type battery disconnect that is mounted to the back wall of the jobsite box? I really like the box setup and plan on doing it in my full sized deuce, but have been having trouble finding a switch that is rated for the amps that a deuce puts out. Thanks and nice looking Truck.

strycnine

That's a very nice truck!!!!

I like the bed box too! Is there any ventilation for the box? I've had a couple of 8D batteries here at work blow up and it wasn't pretty.