• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My baby

gunner01

yetti, in regards to your ??? about intake turbos. Yes they exist, they are known as super chargers. A super charger is a belt driven turbo, very popular with the RICE ROCKET crowd. Blowers are way to expensive to maintain and install as well as motors in the cars of today cant handle that kind of pressure, so they came out with super chargers. hope this helps....

gunner out

rwbrown72

yetti, in regards to your ??? about intake turbos. Yes they exist, they are known as super chargers. A super charger is a belt driven turbo, very popular with the RICE ROCKET crowd. Blowers are way to expensive to maintain and install as well as motors in the cars of today cant handle that kind of pressure, so they came out with super chargers. hope this helps....

gunner out
What????:cookoo:

yetti96

gunner out

I know the difference between a turbo and S/C. I was just curious if the welder guy was talk out of his @$s or I was totally clueless. In keeping with most of his previous posts, he was a loon. So banned he goes and SS keep on trucking with one less moron.

Thanks for the help though.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
His BS wouldn't have got him banned, would it?

Potentially-it is specifically against the rules here (and on 99.9% of web forums) to "troll" or create a fake internet personality. No web forum tolerates it lightly.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

gunner out
Gunner,
Here's a pic of a generic Super-Charged Engine (Googled "Supercharged Engine" Images).

Using a geared pulley/belt system, to assure NO SLIPPAGE, power is taken off the engine crank shaft to turn the blower rotor(s) in the Turbo to pressurize the intake pressure.

Alternately, a TURBOCHARGED intake system can be (and is on most of our Deuces, etc.) pressurized by harvesting the exhaust gas flow pressure to spin a dual chamber fan. The exhaust side essentially powers the intake side to pressuze the intake air entering the combustion chambers. The turbos were added to the Deuces not for power increase, but to provide a cleaner fuel burn and reduce smoke complaints.

Hope this make some sense. If not, hollar and I'm sure someone can explain it better.

Attachments