• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My Crew Cab 4x4 Deuce Build

joshs1ofakindxj

Hey Josh, I think I have a drivers side tool box with the brackets and step. Might take me a week or two to get it out of my trailer. $ 25 if you want to pick it up.
Hey that just might be worth the drive down! Let me know if you dig it out. Thanks!

joshs1ofakindxj

There has been an embarrassing lack of progress on the truck. Between work, part time grad school, improvements to my house, and fixing up my jeep the time and money hasn't been there for the truck, but the jeep is "done-for-now" and the grad school will be done in August so I should be getting back to work on the truck soon. I am leaning towards a standard bob at this point though. I want to get the truck done ASAP so I might take the easier route. Don't feel obligated to hold that tool box for me if someone else wants it. Who knows when I could get it, and I'm currently not sure I would even need it. Thanks though!

joshs1ofakindxj

This turned into just another bobber build, but man is this thing a lot more fun to drive now.

Anyone have suggestions for how to mount two fuel cans on the outside of the M105 bed?

M35A2TN

So is it no longer on the path to becoming a crew cab? If not then rightfully so, anything put into them will 99% of the time not be returned in the end except in amount of fun and smiles and waves from kids and also vets you get, which actually to me is worth more then any amount of money you could be paid for these amazing machines.

joshs1ofakindxj

Yup, it would of been cool to have a crew cab, but would have challenged my fabrication skills and definitely kept me off the road until some time in 2015. I'm glad I compromised and built the truck as it is, because I'm driving it more than ever and it is a blast.

One guy who rents from me bought a $58k Audi and is always talking about how great it is, but then I remind him it doesn't make people stop in their tracks and turn their heads like a $4k hacked up army truck and it always gets him!

M35A2TN

Yes it would have, just like ivebeenrokd's crew cab, I reference it all the time but it is so sweet, but a bobbed truck shows just as much skill and dedication, also it is what you make it, not what everybody else wants to see. And I bet it does get him! A deuce can be bought in cash, I know I bought mine in cash and nothing less! I would bet that he is making almost $1000 dollar/month payments and doesn't turn a fraction of the heads that a noisy, stinky, abused piece of OD metal does.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks