• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My Crew Cab Deuce Build

Jake907

Awesome build man! This is one of my dream projects, so I will be paying close attention. Thanks for all the pictures and helpful tips along the way.

FatBuddhaBoo

great build. is your bed 9 feet now?

also do you happen to know what the troops seat pieces that go into metal bed are made of? wood or steel? im thinking about making my own troop seats.
Yes, the bed is about 9 feet after cutting. If I still had the truck I'd get precise measurements, but sadly about a year ago this time my wife was faced with losing her job so this was one of the first things to go....

As for the troop seat posts, mine were metal. Wood will work, however, wood when wet has a tendency to expand, which will result in them getting stuck in the bed. There's always guys getting rid of troop seats, so just keep an eye out for them.

JohnnyBM931A2

Yes, the bed is about 9 feet after cutting. If I still had the truck I'd get precise measurements, but sadly about a year ago this time my wife was faced with losing her job so this was one of the first things to go....

As for the troop seat posts, mine were metal. Wood will work, however, wood when wet has a tendency to expand, which will result in them getting stuck in the bed. There's always guys getting rid of troop seats, so just keep an eye out for them.
Sorry to hear that you had to sell your truck :(

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks