• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My cucv lift

TCUCV

Where did you get the roll cage? Was it something already manufactured and you just installed or was it custom? Thanks man, your truck is really coming along nicely!

Cucvnut

The roll cage is a pre-made, I found a guy on Pirate selling it and i had to snatch it up. I only know of one other person running that cage, So I do not know if its rare or not.

Cucvnut

So I had some free time this morning and I decided to start the tear down of the 454. I plan to do a cam, timing chain, intake and head swap on the motor. I took the Trans off and got rid of the vacuum system and part of the smog junk, I realized I need non smog exhaust manifolds.
IMG_20130917_132004_459.jpgIMG_20130917_132027_281.jpgIMG_20130917_132054_330.jpgIMG_20130917_132125_356.jpg

Cucvnut

Matt, I dont see why you cant, you might need to mod your drive shafts, but tons of people do the same lift on the k5/M1009 trucks all the time.

Matt Kahle

What do I need to do to the drive shaft in order to make the lift work. P.S. (if I do a lift on the truck I want to get the 14 bolt rear diff and the dana 60 with trac lok) Is there a parts list for the lift you did? I know some one ask some were on here...and what do you think of rough country lifts for like what you did? By the way you did a really good job on the truck!

Cucvnut

Matt, you might have to lengthen the rear drive shaft. ruff country is fine, I went a more custom way with parts because i wanted specific parts, i like certain companies over others. if you have anymore questions feel free to pm me.

richingalveston

on a 1009 you will have to change the output of the t-case to a cv joint instead of the standard U joint Or drop the t-case and possibly shim the rear end angle down to get rid of driveshaft vibration. Standard U joints must have similar angles at the tranny and rear end, you will have to change some things to get the angles right after the lift or change to a cv style rear driveshaft.

as far as putting a magnum on a lomax, the gearing would be so low that it would be useless with a diesel. I have the magnum on a 205 and thus I get close to 5 to 1 reduction in double low. I cannot stop the truck when in double low, I have to put it in neutral because even at idle the truck will not stop and in overdrive the top speed is less than 5 miles per hour. I have not done the rear disc conversion which is coming soon and that may help. Think about 8 to 1 reduction on an engine that has a max of 3k rpms.
8 to 1 reduction is for the high performance gasser than can run over 6000 rpm. A diesel will not need any more than 5 to 1 reduction

Cucvnut

So I have not updated this in a while. What started out as a new IP swap has turned in to a good sized pm project. I am replacing or fixing Heater core, hoses, glow plugs, injection pump, freeze plugs, new filters everywhere, fixing wiring, harmonic dampener , glow plugs ,rear main seal, valve cover gasket , oil pan gasket , external oil and transmission coolers, new belts there is more.

Attachments

123pv

on 2/9 a Thursday. I went to get my alternaters checked. this little building. has been there for years. Charlies, alternaters and starter repair. by many he has the reputation of being a master. I was getting ready to flush. my radiator. I stoped half on the driveway and yard in the middle of the gate. I turned my truck off.to unroll the hose pipe. and open up the pitcok. my truck would not start. back up. it stayed the night in the gate and the yard. after a night of charging it fired up. I wanted to go to Charlie. and get checked. I went. scared to death. to turn the truck off. and go to the restaurant to eat before. I had to leave for work in 3 hours. I did, not want to leave my truck sitting in the restuant parking lot all nigh. becauseit would not start back up. Charlie said I had a bad passenger side alternator. bring it back he will rebuild it. reading all 26 pages of posts. im scared he might not rebuild the alternator with a isulated ground. should I trust his dx. not turning off my truck at the alternator.shop. I drove homeparked in the garage. left it alone. today febuary11th I decided what the heck. it turned over started rite up.2 full days of not touching the truck. or looking at it. it started rite up.
every day at least 2times a day, I read the alternator symptoms, diagnoxis and fixes. any ideas what else could be bad. the batteries musthold a charge.the needle was still in the yellow. I have never seen it in the green. be honest. iam I being to much of a pain. to b part of the discussion board. should I just keep reading the 26 pages every night. and hope to find some body else who had the same problem. thank you Doghead. I have changed the relays. befor it happens to me. the bad luck. I am having with this truck. I know it would happen to me. before it did I changed the relaysaua I put 35 with a 5inch lift wanted 37, I would need a 6 inch lift. and garage modification for 37

olly hondro

Steel Soldiers Supporter
electrical work.jpg
You can have a 6 inch lift + 37s without modifying the garage : one simply has to terminate the unjustified love affair with fenders :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks