• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My cucv lift

TCUCV

So Cucvnut . . . what did you end up doing to the front drive shaft? I'm looking at running some of those zero rates front and rear but I know my front shaft is at its limit with just the 4" lift...how's your rear drive shaft holding up with no mods? Thanks for the info

Cucvnut

The rear shaft is fine no issues. The front I had to make a new one I took the old one cut it in half and cut another one I had and made it longer and welded it together.

TCUCV

Thats pretty cool, I bet a lot cheaper than buy a newer shaft . . . I'm gonna have to figure something out on mine when I actually get those zero rates

Dave87

Cucvnut what pitman arm did you use. I'm setting up a cross over/ Y link steer kit. I have a 2wd steer box. I'm not sure what Pittman arm I need. Any advice?

moose1008

Nice looking truck Cucvnut! I'm in the process of lifting my truck and was wanting to use the zero rate blocks and wfo plates. My only concern is not being able to hook the sway bar back up with this set up. How does ur truck handle on the road?

Cucvnut

WIth out the say bar its not that bad it leans a little in the turns but besides that nothing to complain about. if you want to keep the sway bar ord sells the sway bar kit.

moose1008

i feel like a D.A. as soon as i posted i went back through and found a post about this a page or tow back.... can we say hi im the new guy... thinks for repling tho.. I think I'll try it with no swaybar and if it sways more then my liking then i will get the ord kit... thanks again!

Cucvnut

If you want the kit I have one I don't need for less than ORD sells it.
no worrys about feeling like a da im glad to help in anyway.

Last edited:

aggopian

Great thread and very informative! I had to flip between Google and back several times with terms like "shackle flip" etc, etc. I learned a lot (especially that I have a lot to learn)
Thanx for taking the time to post this.[thumbzup]

Cucvnut

At the moment no its just sitting waiting for the new IP (the new one went bad). Once i get the IP ill do an up date on rims and tires and the IP install.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks