• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My entry for steel soldiers vehicle of the Month

tinygpw11

I have been working on an OT 65 G FUG. and want to put it up for the steel soldiers vehicle of the month.

Recently I have replaced the head light bulbs, the side light bulbs. I also have replaced the rear left tail light as The rear tail light assembly was broken when the OT. was delivered. I also got the roof top warning light working.
I figured out what switches do what on the dash board. Like the lights, the inside lights.The headlights, and interior lights. Plus now we are in the process of fitting high intensity blue led's in the side light slots.

In the near future we will be getting the driver and commander position radios and intercoms working with The original Russian tank head gear with built in microphones and headsets, Fortunately whilst searching all the lockers and bins I came across them, as well as a full set of driver handbooks, and the workshop manuals and parts lists. (in..... RUSSIAN!)

For those who are not familiar with the vehicle it is a Russian amphibious forward reconnaissance command vehicle. It has a 5+ litre diesel engine, it has 4 retractable wheels, which are lowered for crossing rough cross country obstacles.

VEHICLE OF MONTH SS.jpg

Last edited:

WarHorse_Alex

I have been working on an OT 65 G FUG. and want to put it up for the steel soldiers vehicle of the month.

Recently I have replaced the head light bulbs, the side light bulbs. I also have replaced the rear left tail light as The rear tail light assembly was broken when the OT. was delivered. I also got the roof top warning light working.
I figured out what switches do what on the dash board. Like the lights, the inside lights.The headlights, and interior lights. Plus now we are in the process of fitting high intensity blue led's in the side light slots.

In the near future we will be getting the driver and commander position radios and intercoms working with The original Russian tank head gear with built in microphones and headsets, Fortunately whilst searching all the lockers and bins I came across them, as well as a full set of driver handbooks, and the workshop manuals and parts lists. (in..... RUSSIAN!)

For those who are not familiar with the vehicle it is a Russian amphibious forward reconnaissance command vehicle. It has a 5+ litre diesel engine, it has 4 retractable wheels, which are lowered for crossing rough cross country obstacles.
Interesting!!! That looks as BRDM-2, but have many differs - this have not turret, other wheel rotors and axles, original BRDM have gas engines only... Russian army never have this - why handbooks and manuals in Russian?

Guyfang

Staff member
Could be a Slavic language? There are many, and most look "Russian". One of my Russian buddy's tried to translate Ukrainian for me. He told me it was close to Russian, but he had to work out certain words. Take a picture from a few pages and post them. Alex can maybe tell us something.

dmetalmiki

WOW! ( Or Golly! ), That kid never surprises me..( Well, he did this time ).
He does help so much around the shop, As our last two 'Cadets' have gone and left us. Benny m45 is in the Army..he will carry out two years qualifying time to be an Officer in the Army Air Corps. (Helicopters).
tiny gpw is working strange hours and simply don't see him much anymore.
Replacement Cadet MK1. = tinygpw11.
So tinygpw11 does many chores an old (old) guy can't carry out, (Well he (I))
Can but just a lot slower and longer.
So he entered the of 65 G FUG..for the vehicle of the month..Great, communicating and conversing on the steel soldiers forums helps with his 'good citizen' schooling and skills.
This OT came from an establishment in Russia, Was stationed in the Ukraine, then on to Czechoslovakia Poland Germany, (442 FUG ::: D442 FUG :::OT 65 G FUG::
Ireland...HERE.

The boy has it almost correct.
History of manufacture and origin. Hungary
Role. Reconnaissance, and forward command post. Language Russian and Hungarian.
Last Badged up Hungarian.

WarHorse_Alex

I have tons of tech literature in pdf's around Soviet mil vehicle, but problem is in Russian.... I can upload it here, but.... Is it will useful?
I can translate something, but my English so weak and far from ideal - I'm afraid it won't be clear...
But anyway - if you will need to translate something - I'm ready!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks