• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My final m1028 project

CPAPPY

Tires

Did some work this morning cleaning up the tires and rims I know the rims look glossy but they will flatten out to a satin finish after they dry. Also put the bumper on and grill, after bolted up realized that I should of mounted the brush guard I should have know better . I have also mounted the door handles . Not much work getting done here, lack of motivation and cold weather .
I was thinking I might just leave it green I can always camo paint it , Any input

Attachments

epartsman

Finally today I did some work . Epoxy primered the cab , and pulled the cab off . Will pull the motor to clean up , put on thicker head gasket for the turbo , new hose and coolant gasket . Is there anything else I should do before putting the motor back in . I will also be painting the frame and will be putting on a lift kit and crossover steering .
DSG Stud girdle, pan gasket, and rear main seal.

CPAPPY

Started working on truck again . here are a few things I have done .

Added a Sony Explod CDX-GT700 HD Stereo

Front speaker a set of Polk db351 3 1/2" coaxial speakers .

Built rear speaker box . what fun that was .....

Added a set of Polk MM691 6x9 rear speakers .

And a Sound Ordnance Amp. 100 watt x 4 channel I only have the 6x9 going to the amp. The system sound great . All bought at Crutchfield.

Also started cleaning instrument sockets . I used Brassq Brass cleaner letting them soak for about 5 Min's. and then took a tooth brush to them , Wash them off dry and put back together. They look new again. Some before and after pictures .

Installed floor mat.

Waiting for Jegs to ship the rest of the 3" 409 stainless exhaust pipe should be here Wednesday.

Al

Attachments

bshupe

Do you do your painting outside in the open or do you have some sort of booth you're using? Are you using an airless or.....

Thanks for the cost on the paint. How many gallons to paint the whole thing in/out like this?

Great build! [thumbzup]

CPAPPY

bshupe It should only take a gallon of paint if you paint it all together, also depends what your spraying over. I use a Devilbiss high volume low-pressure (HVLP) spray gun . I have sprayed inside when cold , most of the time outdoors.

Buzz

I was looking at some of the pics here from the beginning to now and when I was looking at your frame it looks like new! How did you clean it and what did you use to paint it?

CPAPPY

I was looking at some of the pics here from the beginning to now and when I was looking at your frame it looks like new! How did you clean it and what did you use to paint it?
Buzz first I pressure washed it, and then used a 4 " wire wheel to any rust areas . This frame was like new after I pressure washed it . Then took a red scotch bright pad to the frame to rough it up , and as far a paint I applied 2 to 3 coats of black epoxy primer .

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am impressed, please post your final intentions. Are you keeping the truck or reselling it..? PM me any details, I have a customer looking for a good clean truck.

Thanks and Good lookin out. IGD