• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My First CUCV

jccomer9

So I drove down to Dawsonville GA today and picked up my new rims and tires. John is a great guy to do business with, was very friendly. He also told me that they are going to start selling used CUCV parts in the near future.20130103_130000_resized.jpg

georgia mike

Yep, great guys to deal with over there. I got a set of five 37x12.50's from them a few months ago, and I just picked up my lift yesterday. I'm using aluminum wheels on mine, though. Hopefully I'll be putting it all on this weekend!

CycleJay

So I drove down to Dawsonville GA today and picked up my new rims and tires. John is a great guy to do business with, was very friendly. He also told me that they are going to start selling used CUCV parts in the near future.View attachment 402191
Who is this John you are referring to? I would like to know more details on him selling CUCV parts, as I need some parts for mine.
Thank you

jccomer9

Well, Got my new glowplugs installed today. Also installed new batteries since my old ones(which were only rated for 425cca) were down to 3 and 22 cca's. About as dead as they get. Anyways, now that i have new GPs and new batts, the darn thing still wont start. Also i cant hear the gp relay cycling either way the manual gp switch is flipped... any suggestions on where to go from here?

MarcusOReallyus

1. Get a meter.
  2. Check your battery voltages. (Always start troubleshooting with fully charged batteries!)
  3. Check what voltages you have at the GP relay.
  4. Report back.

:beer:

jccomer9

SHE LIVES!!!! Went out with my TM and multimeter (1st pic) today and before i even started i decided to use the MM to test all the fuses. found a 20 amp one that was bad so i took a 5 minute walk to autozone, replaced the fuse, and she lives! also managed to fix my dash too, now my wts, wif, brake, and seatbelt lights are working, still not sure about 4wd, oil, and fuel guage (although it went from showing empty to showing full). Also put my front license plate on with some spare screws i found :)20130106_140255_resized.jpg20130106_140319_resized.jpg

scottladdy

Battery Charging Recommendation

... installed new batteries since my old ones(which were only rated for 425cca) were down to 3 and 22 cca's. About as dead as they get.
Congratulations on getting it running!

As a general rule, throw a full charge into any lead acid battery before first use. Not always possible, as batteries sometimes quit at the WORST POSSIBLE TIME (of course) aua. But if you can manage this, you will greatly extend the life of the battery.

This is information gleaned from a battery manufacturers literature. I will post it up once I find it again.

Any of you seen it recently? :wink:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks