• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My first Deuce~! Drove it home from Jefferson City yesterday!

JDToumanian

2,700 rpms......speed was verified by the chase truck and gps......I dunno.....but
55 is a breeze at 2,500
I was going to say that you probably have the wrong speedo drive on the tranny, but if the speed has been verified, it must be something else. I know my truck won't do that kind of speed. I'd be curious what the transmission plate says on it. Most deuce transmissions are Spicer 3053A, but there is a rare 3053B that has a taller overdrive.... I'd love to get my hands on one, not to go faster, but to go 55 at lower RPM.

Very nice truck, by the way...

Jon

oilcan

That's a good looking combination right there.

Here's a nickel's worth of free advice... Slow down and enjoy the scenery, it's a deuce for crimeney sake! :razz::razz::razz: They're supposed to be slow and you're making the rest of us look bad. ;-)

crazyplowboy

:ditto:I've only had mine a few months now, but I've never had mine over 50 yet. 1. I'm still not 100% firmiliar with the truck and it's capabilities. 2. I'm trying not to kill the darn thing, the high RPMs strike fear into this farm boy.

Sumoman

:ditto:

Frustrating as heck. Since I have done them before you'd expect it would be quicker. NOOOOOO they needed another copy of my OL because for some reason the PDF would not open. Now they are not telling me a simple "yes we got it and it is good, thanks."

I appreciate all the advice! I don't know why this one cruises faster than average, I just know that it does. I spent a bit of my youth driving dump trucks so driving it is a bit of a blast from the past. It goes great. I'm sure there will be some tinkering on it, but that is half the fun right? Looking underneath I did notice rebuild tags on the transmission, tranny and rear axle. Seven of the tires are new or in excellent condition, while 3 are worn.

I ran it over some rough ground on the farm today and it is a riot. Kicking in the front axle is great. Turning radius is nothing to write home about, but it comes with the territory. I'm gonna havta spend some time backing the trailer around the farm to get the hang of it.

Keep in mind I am only about 20 minutes from Fort Riley, so if anyone runs into trouble my farm is not far. I'd like to go to a military vehicle rally in their is one in the area and if anyone wants to get together I'd like to whether just to hang out or help wrench on your truck. I have a pretty nice outbuilding with air tools and hand tools here to, although I need to pick up more Deuce sized stuff.

Plus, I have a 600 yard rifle range with shooting tower and like to grill.

Thanks again to everyone in Kansas which offered help, and to everyone on this site who shared info and answered basic questions for the millionth time.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks