• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My first multifuel?

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are differences in brands of 15/40 and most any weight oils . If you really dig into engine manufactures guidelines for that specific engine the oils have different additives and when you look on your oil you are using on the jug will be a circle and 2 letter ratings like sp ,sn, sm and on and on GM /FORD/whoever .All seem to have different things they want to see in their engines and a big difference is turbo power engines some oils foam real bad in the turbos when they get hot and wind up wrecking bearings inside so if your engine has a turbo pay attention what you put in it . Back in 95 i bought a new powerstroke in a ford truck and at the time i didnt know about the specs and was using dello 15/40 and it didnt have the 2 letter ingrediants but Rotela 15/40 did and Ford dealer said if i cooked a turbo warranty wouldnt cover it

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I took a tour of the BP refinery at Cherry Point and they said the final product (gasoline) was generic and they would add a bucket of Chevron or Shell or whatever additive to it before delivering to a gas station.
You are correct. They add the specific 'juice' for each brand, it's less than 1 part in 1000 and is done first when the tanker truck is loaded. Same deal with the 'bio'/alcohol stuff put in. It goes in first, then the generic gasoline/diesel fills the tank to it's capacity, mixing everything together, then the truck delivers it to the station.

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great job. You're doing in a few weeks what took me 1 years (and still not ready).

Where in France more or less are you?

I was going to recommend REOMIE for parts, but they finally closed shop in December 2021 auaauaauaauaauaauaauaaua

I was planning a trip there to snap up some parts I need, but #%$@^ COVID stopped that and now its too late.

Are you one the European member list?

For parts, also look at our salvage-scrapyard list

HDN

No I am not yet a member, I live see map below.
That makes me want to explore the French countryside. Last time I was there I only visited Paris via Eurostar, but there's so much more to the country than that! I stayed in the English countryside and never went to London or any of those big cities. Time to plan another trip across the pond!

It's been great following your work here so far. I started looking at one of your MUTT restoration threads and really appreciate the skill going into these projects!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks