• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My first multifuel?

msgjd

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Like the cylinder head, the oil cooler was also deteriorated by frost.
I will try to solder it.
I doubt solder will stick to that type of cast, and not sure if a heliarc (Tig) welder will do the trick like it does on aluminum .. You can try JB-Weld (inside and out) if it's available over there, I have used JB as an overlay successfully on cracked blocks/heads I have welded or brazed , however after numerous heat/cool cycles JB will eventually crack and need attention again, sometimes months, sometimes years ... Depends on the extent of the repair surface..

For the time involved in goofing around with the oil cooler cover that you have, plus the extreme heat/cool affect on it, and important function/consequence of failure, IMHO a good used one should be more cost-effective

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks