• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My first MV, an M43.

dmetalmiki

I am just full of admiration at the speed and the competence you have shown in getting that fantastic truck 're born'. Well done. we are following the progress, and the pictures are great as well.

60Buick

Some more progress. The pictures are from last night. The "army medical service" decal is not straight and I will have to redue it. I will worry about that later, it's going to a huge warbird show this weekend.

It's not really speed so much as determination, I have been putting anywhere from 4 to 10hours a night into it after working full time all day everyday for the last month. I have till 2 tomorrow afternoon before the transport comes to take it to the warbird meet. There will be a lot of WW2 and Korean war veterans in attendance so it was my goal to make this show since the day I bought the truck. I had a lot more work in front of me than I was expecting. It was supposed to only need paint but the seller was a little less than truthful in his descriptions. It will be another all nighter tonight adding red crosses and cleaning out the interior. I was spraying primer just 5 days ago. The paint has progressed fast. I had my fingers crossed doing the markings after using Gillespie w/o hardner. It fully cured in about 30 hrs thanks to the shop being so hot.

As for the step. I don't have plans, a gentleman who has the correct step sent me pictures and measurements. I built off those. I will post them up. 20160920_215808.jpg20160921_194803.jpg20160921_194817.jpg

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks