• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My First Trailer!

t5noel

I finally picked up my first trailer. I am very excited, to the detriment of my wife. It's an M1102 w/o any covering. The condition code was B3 issue-able. There was only one minor problem, one of the tie-downs came off. I'll have to figure out how to rivet it back on. I bought a combo ball/pintle hitch made by Reese for towing. It worked very well. I made a wiring adapter for MIL 12-pin to 4-pin from parts I ordered on line. The soldering of the 12-pin was difficult. My bitty soldering iron didn't have enough heat so I took it to a friend with better equipment and more experience. The lighting for the brakes and turn signals was more than adequate. There were no leveling adapters for the back. Is that fairly typical?

I have just two questions. Where do people usually hang the license plate?
Do I need to remove the "US Property" plate?
Thanks to all! The site was very useful preparing to pick up the trailer. It was a real rush:p

Here are the pics!

Attachments

Last edited:

harleyhouse

Very nice, are you keeping it green?
What are you towing it with?

For the footman loop I would head to a boat or RV shop they should have the gun and rivits to repair it.
two rivits and a couple minutes is cheaper than buying the gen and parts.

Are you going to run the beadlocks?

t5noel

It's staying green for now. My towing vehicle is still in restore mode, 1974 GMC 1500C stepside pickup. I had a friend pick the trailer up for me. I'm open to options on the tires. I will probably change them out, especially if I can sell the beadlocks for a comparable price.

Nick

Nice trailer, congratulations.

Wish those bead locks would fit on my 52 M101. Ha. I got some original combat rims Im debating putting on my Power Wagon, maybe Ill get lucky and find three more for my 101

Anyways, nice trailer

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks