• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My GP discovery

IRWFO

On another thread I posted that my glow plug solenoid never cycles on and off like I keep reading. In the morning I would turn the key and the wait light would be on and the volt gauge would be in the yellow. After the light would go out I would start her up. The volt gauge still showed the batteries being sapped and the solenoid was still on. Depending on the temp outside it would stay on from 5 to maybe 30 seconds. Then I hear it disengage and the volt gauge would read normal. She always starts no matter how cold it is out side so I still feel there is no problem.
On the other thread I was told that my board is bad and I knew it wasn't. I bought a few of the Rev2 boards new from GM 2 years ago. Out of curiosity I swapped out boards with my new spares and all work the same way. Now yesterday while doing a service I installed the Wellman 070's for the hell of it. Guess what? This morning after the wait light went out and I started her up the solenoid started to cycle on and off.
For your info I had AC Delco GP's installed. All test good and nothing was swollen. Weird how the Wellman's make the whole system work differently from the AC's.
BTW. A few years ago I had starter issues and a bad flexplate. I would manually turn my motor to a good spot and get those plugs HOT so she would start in one revolution. I did this for weeks before the starter nose broke. I was worried about swollen tips yesterday but no such problem. I think the AC GP's are a good unit.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks