• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My Humvee M1044 Armament SlantBack pics/Questions

kcimb

decodeme2 said:
Hey guys,
Thanks for all the info. I changed my order to the armored doors to make it correct. you are right. The hummvw was a armored up carring a Mark19 Guarnade Launcher and a 50 cal. The brackets are for 50 cal amo, and Mark 19 Amo 20mm...The black brackets hold the 50 cal and the Mark19..Another bracket between the driver and Passanger holds the adapter plate to mount the Mark 19..The Hummvw was set up to carry heavy items. It will defently be different when completed. I guess I need the old style Brush guard. Send me your phone number for any items that you may have. The items I need are:

1- Set of seat cousions, Front and back.
2- hardback hatch latches, located on the rear of the hatch at each end. Rod activateds them.
1-Steel Pintal hitch bracket for the tow chains to attach.
1- Old style grill. Not sure which myne had. The new style looks good too..
1-set of outside mirrors complete.
2 front tow rings with brackets.
6 side marker screws.
1 yellow side marker lens and bracket.
1 Red side marker lens and bracket.
2 hub centers for getting your hummer of the mud.
1-Antenna mounting bracket, 3 hole type
2 door hinges that mount to body, 2 bolt that your doors drop into.
4 door strikers that mount to your body that hold the door shut.
1 blackout driving light on front.
winch? I think it a 6K one. Electric..
6-1251 bulbs..
1-starter bolt.

That should about do it..
Thanks in advance! I will keep you guys posted as it completes.
Please email me at: decodeme@comcast.net
if you have anything I need...Thanks!. I ordered the manual in a cd.
Dam this is a good Form for help and info!.
PS. What do you think this is worth as a driver when done?

Kevin...
If you could add a CROWs or something similar your hummvee would be a real looker!

Cdub

kcimb said:
Cdub said:
I know where there is a building full of Humvee.......

Schotts? They're gone now.
Hi,
I'm sorry to say you couldn't be more wrong.......I just got off the phone with Mr. George Schott himself. Things are still the same as they were when I was there back
in July, 2007. He still has 500 -600 units for sale from Hummers to five tons (800's & 900's).

The only reason the web site is down is because of the server, that's all.

If anyone needs contact numbers just send me a PM

seya,

C'dub

nf6x

Feral Engineer
Congratulations on your new truck! I remember how excited I was when I got my HMMWV. I've always liked the look of the slant-back ones the best, but mine has never been in that configuration, and I've put enough effort into making it a proper shelter carrier that it'll probably stay that way forever. Maybe I'll win the lottery someday, and then I'll be able to buy/build a second one as a weapon carrier!

I probably have at least one of those 3-hole antenna brackets laying around somewhere. PM me with a trade offer if you're interested, and I'll go try to dig one out of my heaps of junk. :)

That boneyard in Fontana, CA where some of us left-coasters visit sometimes had piles of tubular brushguards heaped up all over the place. I'm thinking of replacing my cheesy-looking angle iron brush guard with a tubular one someday, if I can find the right brackets (they mount differently).

Bart

decodeme2 said:
Hey Guys,
Just got a Slantback M1044 Armament carrier, and looking for small parts and x doors. Need things like brush guard, rear seat backs, new seat coushions. front tie downs,winch, rear hatch rod guide brackets, etc...who is the best suppliers with the most hummer stuff? Also, where do you go for raditor hoses, brake shoes, etc?...call AM General?..
Thanks!, restoreing it to orginal specs..It was a USMC Humvee..14K miles.....
Thanks for all your help..I will post some better pics later...
PS, I have never seen any other M1044's?...Have you?...

Kevin...
Excellent truck Kev, I see with the deep fording kit, looks like USMC spec..?? am I correct..??, and the NICE RT tyres, they look awesome on humvee's.
if I may ask..what did you pay for it...?? 8)
and what's the year of make...
cheers
bart

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you want to add a winch, this is the one I'd go with... The 10.5K Milemarker.. It replaced the 6K and 9K electric winches... I have one on my truck, I wouldnt trade it for anything..
This is the complete package on ebay. One of our members is selling it Item number: 320172899084

Elwenil

Mark, is your Milemarker the hydraulic version? If so, I take it that you like it? I am considering getting one in the future for my Ramcharger project and after looking over all of Milemarker's info I think it might be a good piece.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
yes, I have the hydraulic "real deal" military Milemarker 10.5K winch. I love it. Much better than the electrics. Install on to my humvee took an afternoon.

decodeme2

In Memorial
In Memorial
RE: Re: My Humvee M1044 Armament SlantBack pics/Questions

Yes, marines had it...Yes rt tires, in like new condition. I LIKE THE AGRESSIVE STANCE LOOK..Paid 13.5K..But will have 20K in it when done..I plan on keeping it for years to come. I have had my M38A1 for 15 years now...
Kevin..

Bart

Re: RE: Re: My Humvee M1044 Armament SlantBack pics/Question

decodeme2 said:
Yes, marines had it...Yes rt tires, in like new condition. I LIKE THE AGRESSIVE STANCE LOOK..Paid 13.5K..But will have 20K in it when done..I plan on keeping it for years to come. I have had my M38A1 for 15 years now...
Kevin..
that' s the word Kevin " agressive" the RT's are much more " agressive" looking that's why I like m so much... :wink:
:!: 13.5K is veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerry cheap..., I would so say a SUPER deal...meaning incl. title, chassis, body shell, engine + transmission...??
where do you buy a slantback for 13.5K....?? :?:
greets
bart

decodeme2

In Memorial
In Memorial
**UPDATE**
JUST FINISHED PAINTING MY M1044 THIS PAST WEEKEND. DID IT MYSELF WITH CARC PAINT. $$ BUT MAKES A BIG DIFFERENCE. SUPER EASY TO PAINT WITH.. Haveing all the ammo brackets powder coated with flat black paint..250.00 for all 10 brackets..that includes media blasting etc..
cHECK OUT THE PICS..Havent mounted the radials on the 12 bolts yet...On the list..
Runs Great!..
Kevin...

Attachments

decodeme2

In Memorial
In Memorial
Yep, They dont like my son driving it to school! Gets the parents upset!..The parents think something wrong inside the school!..Guess they will have to get used to it..Now If I can find a New windshield Glass,..Bullett Proof....I will be able to see better on the passanger side..Anyone got one lying around?..

Cdub

WoW..........Looks OUTSTANDING.......excellent job on the resto.........!!!

Some people are just gona have to get used to the fact that there are MV collectors out there that enjoy driving them around which even includes taking them to school once in a while.......Hahaha...to them....!!!

Good Luck,

C'dub

Bart

SUPERB M 1044 !!

:shock: WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW Kev, what a BEAUTIFUL restored M 1044 !!!, but where is the right rear antenna..???
just remove the licence plate and no one will notice it's a " civilian" owned truck...
I would keep them RT 's on there if it was my truck!!! 8)
lots of FUN with the M 1044.
CU
bart

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have owned both an M1043 and an M1045. I've never seen an M1044, but isn't it the same as the M1045, except with a winch? Or, is it the same as an M1043, except no winch?

Bart

Humvee TITLE QUESTION.....

Hi Kevin,

Looked at your new pics a 1000 times.....TOTALLY AWESOME !!
I noticed the licence plate, and I wondered how did you manage a title for the M 1044??
As you know My M 1046 is ready but there is a problem with the title, stat of Maine is not into Titling MV anymore or something like that, I' ve been told.
What's on your title...?? which state etc etc.
If possible you send me a scan of YOUR title...?? :?
my mail is: barthummer@gmail.com
because my guy in Memphis TN can' t get the titling organized....so I can inform HIM where to go....
talk to you later.
cheers
Bart

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks