• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My m1009 CUCV

Dave87

I like the truck. I also like the tools. As for leveling the truck.... if its a block lift you could make bigger blocks to compensate. If its a spring lift you could make shims or something. I have the same problem with my truck. im going to make blocks/shims to adjust the reverse rake.

BobM

As for the "leveling tips", some people lift the rear more than the front to compensate for the GM habit of standing tall in front. But that info woulda helped BEFORE you bought your lift kit!:D

Cleptomaniac

Thanks Dave87 I have new springs up front but blocks in the back. I don't like the idea of taller than 4" blocks. Isn't their something you can do with the shackles?

The tools shure make "work" fun:twisted:

Dave87

Ok with it being blocks i wouldn't go taller then 4in. Are the springs new or are they the ones off the truck? Yes you could do a shackle flip or try to shorten them but there's not much to shorten. If its old springs they might be sagging alittle.

Dave87

You don't have to get custom made springs. You could get 4in lift springs and that might fix the problem and if not then you could put shims in to correct the problem. I got an 8in and it came with 6in springs and 2in blocks.... i really wanted all spring but skyjacker doesnt make them i guess. id look at pricing and everything. I personally like all springs. How much reverse rake do ypu have?

vinny-socom1

I would shackle flip the rear first, then if it does not level out you would only need a 1"-2" block.

good looking truck, would love to see some more photos!!

Vinny