• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My m1009 CUCV

Cleptomaniac

Junkie the ps pump is burried but in the factory place. The drivers side alt is on top of the compressor. This ac is aftermarket so it looks nothing like a factory one.

CycleJay the consol is a civi pull out. It was in the truck when I got it! You can find them at salvages.

Cleptomaniac

Had to replace the drivers side alternator today. And started painting her! Got most of the body damage repaired and painted the drivers side door and fender! Hopefully will get it all painted soon!!

Cleptomaniac

I think I am going to leave it green. I like it! Also do any of you guys have the stencils for the correct lettering and such for this thing? And preferably not maintenance!! :)
Maybe MP would be cool! I'll post some more pics as web progresses.

unaffiliated

Flea bay has the military stencils right now. The guy has three different sizes. They are brass and slide together to form the word. Very durable, a lot better than paper ones. I have a set somewhere in all my crap that an ex navy guy gave me about 30 years ago. They are sweet. Just put in military stencils in the flea bay search box.

Cleptomaniac

Thanks my buddy is in the Army National Guard and the Bravo Company was disband but is what he started off as so he is getting me the stencils for them. They were the demons! Should look pretty cool and a lot of guys here in OK will recognize the logo!
Thought about putting MP on it but I drive it cross country some and don't want any problems!

Cleptomaniac

Put a winch on her also
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346554977.470871.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346555004.670260.jpg

Today I moved my A/C controller from the place where the voltmeter was. I moved it to where the radio would have been. Now I can install some gauges where the A/C controller was. I'll try to get some pictures when I get it done.

I'm trying to get everything done that I can. So when I tear apart the engine for the turbo the truck won't be down too long!

HOWEY

35 Tyres?

Clepto, im curious how she runs on 35s with the original running gear??
Im thinking of 35s myself, sweet looking truck by the way......

Cleptomaniac

Thanks for the complement!
The 35's make it rather slow on take off!
But am hoping that the turbo helps with that! Would like to change to a Dana 60 at some point but little at a time.

If I had it to do over I would out a 2" lift with 33" tires. I think the ride, height, and general function would be better!
I purchased it as a toy and it ended up as my DD!

If I had time and money I would put a Cummings in my Deuce and use it for a DD :p

Good luck with your truck and keep us posted on what you end up doing.